Road To Blood And Glory and back to the hobby – Kharadron Overlord Plog

Hi all,

Many years ago I was really into the hobby but then life changes. I have tried on many occasions over the last year to get back in to the hobby but something has always come up, be it retraining or family life.

Now things have calmed down I am determined to get back to playing and painting. With that in mind a friend told me about Blood and Glory so I decided to give myself the push I needed to buy a ticket and now my goal is to learn to play AoS, paint an army and get in some practice games to be ready for the event. Apologies in advance if any of you are going and end up with the misfortune of playing this newbie. On the plus side it will probably end up being an easy win for you!

I decided on Kharadron Overlords as dwarves were my very first army to get me into to the hobby and maybe it’s just nostalgia but they were what got me hooked in the first place so hoping this will happen again.

I really have just basic knowledge so far so any input from you all will be taken on board and greatly appreciated. I will be posting my progress be in building, painting or maybe even the odd battle report (probably with a few stupid mistakes).

Anyway here is a image of plastic crack to get me started. I am planning on building a model or 2 as test figures then painting these to work out a colour scheme. Then I want to build everything else, get it undercoated and then paint it. This way I can play some games at the same time.

KO1.JPG

Full commitment, I like it!

Im very similar to you, only got back into the hobby this year, using Blood and Glory as a target/incentive, and building a Kharadron army! So see you there, though hopefully not facing off as Dwarf shouldnt fight Dwarf LOL!

Ive done 2 local 1day/3game tournaments (putting me on about 9 AoS games in total!) with a mix of Bretonnians and Dwarfs so itching to get the KO into battle. You've got a good force, maybe heavy on the Khemists but we need to see what GHB2 reveals before you change anything there. I will be running frigates (likely 2) because thats what ive got, but the Ironclad seems to be the hot ticket.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Archived