Kosmion

So i have just put together my first death army:

wight king w. tomb blade and infernal standard
necromancer
arkhan/neferata/mannfred
10 graveguard w. 2h weapons
40 skeletons w. spears
5 black knights

so far my force probably isn't the best death rattle list, but I'm still just learning the basics of the army. 
I'm looking for some basic tips and tricks to be aware of as a death rattle player, stuff like combos, deployment, summoning etc. any tips you'd like to share in general!

also, feel free to suggest what you think i should add to the army

thanks

How many points are you aiming for?

How strong are the lists you are playing?

But some general tips asuming you are not only playing internet net-lists. You need more battleline units. Buy two more units of skeletons (2x10 skeletons with swords).

You now have the requirements for the legion of death. Run that formation, extra movement is in general very good.

I would go for arkhan mainly because he is most fun (because of cure of years).

You probably need to add something that hits hard. 40 skeletons hits ok but you need something more. Maybe a VLoZD or maybe morghasts.

General tactics. I would go for ruler of the night and cursed book spam to make your units durable. Take first turn, put IP on the skeletons and push forward to make the opponent have to kill you on the objectives rather than try to push him away from the objectives.

9 hours ago, Andreas said:

How many points are you aiming for?

How strong are the lists you are playing?

But some general tips asuming you are not only playing internet net-lists. You need more battleline units. Buy two more units of skeletons (2x10 skeletons with swords).

You now have the requirements for the legion of death. Run that formation, extra movement is in general very good.

I would go for arkhan mainly because he is most fun (because of cure of years).

You probably need to add something that hits hard. 40 skeletons hits ok but you need something more. Maybe a VLoZD or maybe morghasts.

General tactics. I would go for ruler of the night and cursed book spam to make your units durable. Take first turn, put IP on the skeletons and push forward to make the opponent have to kill you on the objectives rather than try to push him away from the objectives.

Im mainly up against seraphon and sylvaneth, and im aiming for starters at 1-1.5k. Ok more skellies, thats nice cus i love the models!? Yea ive been thinking of morghasts and terrorgheist/zombie dragon, would u recommend the terrorgheist? And if so - in what situations?

Hard to give any recommendations regarding unit efficiency with GH2 around the corner.

But just from the synergi aspect I would go for the zombie dragon and put the vampire on top of him. God command ability (IF you dont need to use IP on the skeleton hord) and a survivable Hero. Skeletons need heroes around for plus 1 to hit.

7 hours ago, Kosmion said:

Im mainly up against seraphon and sylvaneth, and im aiming for starters at 1-1.5k. Ok more skellies, thats nice cus i love the models!? Yea ive been thinking of morghasts and terrorgheist/zombie dragon, would u recommend the terrorgheist? And if so - in what situations?

Against those opponents you're going to need some rend -2 or mortal wounds. I would look into getting a unit of 6 Spirit Hosts, which are great with the command ability of a VLoZD. The Terrorgheist is pretty nice against Sylvaneth, since they generally don't have very high Bravery. The Mourngul is fantastic also. However, since Seraphon have Bravery 10, the same cannot be said for them.

More foot soldiers for sure, look at running Mannfred or a Vampire Lord.

Generaly You want to run as much buffs on them as you can. So Wight Kings/Vampire Lords/Necromancers.

Also run the Skeletons with spears for the range.

Seriously consider some Morghast Archai though vrs high armor units (Pray you dont run into a proper Bastilidon)

Archived