hobgoblinclub

Question

If the Changeling 'knows the spells of any Wizard that is within 9" of him", how would you play it if he was near a Lord of Change? If the Changeling were to cast infernal gateway, would he always cast it needing 3 or more, or would he use the Lord of Change damage table? How have you been playing it? Thanks. 

6 answers to this question

I'd use the damage table. But following the LoC damage. He is essentially mimicing that model to cast the spell. So if you have a LoC and Changling you could basically cast it twice (using the same table). 

I imagine it has to follow the LoC damage table method because there isn't an alternative/default way to cast it. The effectiveness of Gateway drops for the LoC as he takes wounds, can't see any reason why it should be any different for the Changeling.

Also, if it always needed 3+'s, then with 3-4 wds suffered the Changeling would actually be casting a more effective Gateway than a similarly wounded LoC, which wouldn't feel right as I don't think the Changeling is supposed to be a better spellcaster than those it copies.

Archived