Navigate Realmroots

CyderPirate

Question

Hey folks, (I'm sure this has come up before but I couldn't find anything on here about it, so apologies)

With the Sylvaneth navigate realmroots ability, does the unit have to set up entirely within 3" of the woods after their teleport? Or could you set them with one model within 3" and chain the rest out?

Cheers! 

4 answers to this question

From the AoS FAQ:

Q: Many Age of Sigmar rules refer to a unit being ‘within’ a certain distance of another unit, or of a location like a table edge. What does ‘within’ mean in this context? Specifically does all of the unit need to be within the stated distance, or just the closest part of the unit?

A: In Warhammer Age of Sigmar, unless specifically stated otherwise a unit is ‘within’ a certain distance of something else as long as the shortest distance between the two units is equal to or less than the stated distance. So, for example, a unit is within 12" of another unit as long as any model from one unit is 12" or less from any model from the other unit

You can conga with Navigate Realmroots.

Very oddly, you cannot conga with Forest Spirits - the Battle Trait for the army - (when you set up the units off the table and then set them up in your movement phase).

It is stupid. You see it a lot with Death armies daisy-chaining skeletons and whatnot for bonuses, which is just silly.

My local group house-ruled the AoS range rule. We changed it to "HALF of the unit must be within range", instead of "as long as any model from the unit is within ___ range"

Archived