Stupid question about Freeguild Generals

hwd48

May be a stupid question but I thought I would ask anyway...

On the Freeguild General battlescroll it says I can give the General the Stately War Banner making him a totem and giving additional benefits. My question is this; if I give a general the Stately War Banner, can he be by army general, i.e. get some additional kit and use his command ability?

Cheers

H

No reason he couldn't be. Remember, make sure to give your units as many upgrades as possible, since they're free! A Freeguild General with a horse and Stately War Banner is the way to go.

Just remember, if you buy the plastic kit, don't use the crazy skeleton-pole and instead something that better evokes "stately banner" and you're good!

On 2017/5/23 at 6:04 PM, hwd48 said:

Noice, saves me spending 100 points on a second one to be the general then!

Well, let me blow your mind then! You General doesn't need to be a Freeguild General. Freeguild does get a unit called a Freeguild General, and they need to nominate an army General, but the General you nominate doesn't need to be your Freeguild General. With me? You can nominate any model, and it doesn't even have to be a hero. So feel free to nominate a random halberdier, or a cannon crewman. Of course in this case you can't use the Freeguild General's "Hold the Line!" ability, and you can only use Inspiring Presence, but it's still something you can do!

Archived