Does seraphon engine of the gods ignore summoning costs in matched play?

Jaze

Question

Does seraphon engine of the gods ignore summoning costs in matched play? This to me is a daft question, as the answer should be no. However a local seraphon player says that a FAQ states that it does.

i have skimmed the FAQ's from December on the GW site and not found a rule saying so, but I also am aware that it is possible that for some crazy reason a FAQ would say this and I have just missed it.

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Jaze said:

Does seraphon engine of the gods ignore summoning costs in matched play? This to me is a daft question, as the answer should be no. However a local seraphon player says that a FAQ states that it does.

i have skimmed the FAQ's from December on the GW site and not found a rule saying so, but I also am aware that it is possible that for some crazy reason a FAQ would say this and I have just missed it.

No, it doesn't.

Also, always remember - onus is on the individual making the claim to provide the proof!

Thanks this is what I figured. Just wished to check as I did question it as BS, but when people come up with stuff like that it tends to get stuck in the mantra of our local anti AoS militia. And trying to disprove things that don't exist very difficult, which is why the community gets blessed with questions like this.

Ok. Can I ask a related question? Do we differentiate between summoning a unit and adding to a unit? In Flesh-eater Courts there are several heros that have abilities that add to a unit. No casting roll needed. But thats different from the case here with the Engine of the Gods ... right?

6 minutes ago, Atomicaphex said:

Ok. Can I ask a related question? Do we differentiate between summoning a unit and adding to a unit? In Flesh-eater Courts there are several heros that have abilities that add to a unit. No casting roll needed. But thats different from the case here with the Engine of the Gods ... right?

Yes. Reinforcement points only kick in when you place a new unit on the board (like with the Engine of the Gods' ability). Unit strengthening (like the Flesh Eater Courts' abilities) allow you - for free - to add models to an existing unit as long as you don't exceed the unit's initial size. 

Archived