Ironjawz - 1,000 points - Show me your lists!

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, Thain said:

Have you had much luck with five-man (er, five-orc) Brute units using the Jagged Gore Hackas?

General consensus seems to be that the smaller units should use the dual Choppas and larger units should use the Hackas so that both units can maximize their number of attacks...

I'm currently lucky to get in 2 games a month, as the FLGS is in Portland, and I'm about 2 hours drive away from it. That being said, I'll admit that I haven't had the chance to use a MSU Brute setup yet; at least I have enough now to do either. Otherwise, at least with the list I posted, the Jagged Gore Hackas will be able to reach over (between?) the Ogors. I will admit that the battalion itself would function better with dual choppas, since you need to complete the charge in order to deal the mortal wounds.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Tuluth said:

3 x Ogors (120)

Iron Fists

3 x Ogors (120)

Iron Fists

I dont get it, why do you want to use Ogors? I love the models and I will probably build an army of them someday, but... they do not benefit from Ironjawz nor buff them. I mean, it´s 240 pts that you could spend on another unit, or heros like an extra Megaboss and a Black Orc Big Boss.

Take a look at this:

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Black Orc Big Boss (100) - Deff Choppas - Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Megaboss (140) - General - Trait: Bellowing Tyrant - Artefact: Battle Brew or Talisman
Orruk Megaboss (140)

5 x Orruk Brutes (180) - Pair of Brute Choppas

Brute Fist (80)
Total: 1000/1000

You would need to move everyone in the same pace and direction. Cohesion is the key as all units need to be close to each other for buffs. The brutes would benefit from brutefist damage and rerolls 1´s from Megaboss. Plus, Megaboss can give extra attacks to everyone.

• 1 month later...

Interested on people's thoughts with this list

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Huskard on Stonehorn (380)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)

Total: 980/1000

Playing some small point non objective based games tomorrow night with some friends. I have a variety of destruction units (mostly BCR) so was entertaining the thought of this list.

i could also try 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Battle Brew

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
Thundertusk Beastriders (320)
-  Beastclaw Raiders Battleline

Total: 980/1000

I don't have any other Ironjawz units besides the 10 brutes and megaboss, only have 20 savage orruks, and I also have a unit of 20 moonclan grots w/ fanatic. As far as my BCR collection, I basically have the assault box. If it matters, I'll be playing against a death army, brettonians, skaven or beastmen. 

Do you think one of the lists I posted would do well or would you recommend anything else? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Nogle said:

I don't think the first list is legal. Only one battleline with mixed destruction allegiance

@MagikVile - Unfortunately @Nogle is correct. That list would be illegal.

Also, as per the topic title, it's not a pure Ironjawz list :P 

Just re-read through this thread, some nice lists and ideas. My campaign seems to have drifted on from 1k games, but if I get a future opponent who would rather that size of game, there are a couple more lists in here I'd like to try!

Archived