Pre Generals Handbook battle reports

discoking

Since this is the place for all things AoS I thought I'd re-post all the battle reports I made a while back.Some of you may have already read these but for those that are relatively new to AoS these are all pre Generals Handbook and are played using the just the basic rules for setup or are made up narrative games. I'll post them in order they were played.

Vampire Counts vs Warriors of Chaos

Played today against my mate,tried to remember and take pics but so much happens it's hard to do :)

Everything is vanilla AoS,we don't play any restrictions or quota's or anything.We do measure everything from bases tho.

Scenery
WP_20150725_005_zpsrozxt2wy.jpg

I won roll off and chose the right hand side and began deploying which went like this:

20 grave guard 2-handers / khorne daemon prince
krell / 29 tzeentch warriors
3 vargiests / battle standard
6 black knights / tzeentch daemon prince
corpse cart / 6 khorne knights
6 black knights / khorne lord of juggernaut
vampire lord / khorne lord on daemonic mount
5 bloodknights / tzeentch scorceror lord on steed
vlad von carstien / nurgle daemon prince
vamp on zombie dragon / 5 marauder horsemen
20 grave guard(I stop) / giant
khorne chaos lord
5 khorne chosen
5 blightkings
15 nurgle chosen
nurgle lord

WP_20150725_006_zpsyux9r6ly.jpg

I'm deffo up against it and in hindsight shouldn't have deployed the last 20grave guard and stuck to a character or monster to keep the numerical advantage he was going to have as low as possible.

I chose to go 1st in the hope I could raise some stuff to slow him down.

WP_20150725_012_zpsvjqqiyve.jpg
WP_20150725_013_zpsvrtwdonx.jpg
WP_20150725_015_zpsnxdsheiy.jpg
WP_20150725_014_zpsbr9bft2w.jpg

I raised 6 black knights and 5 grave guard and fialed to raise 3 vargiests.Moved my dragon up my left flank as that was easy pickings(or so I thought) moved the grave guard units into woods for max armour save and moved the black knights on my right flank into the garden of some poor souls house :) My blood knights stayed put.Only chargers were my raised black knights which failed so turn over.

My buddy moved his right flank up to meet me and charge later

WP_20150725_016_zpsygczlymq.jpg

Moved his centre up

WP_20150725_017_zpsnsckjz6b.jpg

and moved his blightkings and nurgle lord into some other poor souls back garden

WP_20150725_018_zpsipyfe1qg.jpg

He charges my left flank.My dragon takes a wound then only does 4 back in total...pffft useless thing.he only kills one raised black knight with his 2 khorne dudes.I kill 2 marauders with the black knights behind my dragon.

WP_20150725_019_zpsebgsc0me.jpg

only his khorne daemon prince makes it into the graveguard and kills 9!He suffers 5 wounds from the remaining grave guard in return.

WP_20150725_020_zpsohr8xbdn.jpg

I loose 3 more grave guard to battleshock and turn over.

I lose roll off for next turn and brace myself for some pain.

he casts various stuff in the hero phase which I can't remember :)He retreats his chaos knights to the saftey of the wood and retreats his marauders also.Moves up his khorne chosen and lord and also the giant.

WP_20150725_021_zpszrysyvgu.jpg

he ominously closes in on my centre ready to unleash the charge.

WP_20150725_022_zpszmlqkpwh.jpg

He charges my grave guard with his khorne chosen and kills 3 and his lord charges my vampire lord and kills him but his giant fails..sweet.

WP_20150725_023_zpsgywvigyx.jpg

In the middle and his nurgle chosen charge the grave guard in combat with the daemon prince wiping them out but not before they took out the khorne daemon prince.Krell failed to hit :( The tzeentch daemon prince charged the corpse cart and killed it,vlad piled in and caused a single wound.(i'm slowing realising the dice are currnetly deserting me).

Tough turn for me that but I'm still very much in this.Vlad uses his general ablity on krell and mystic shields him,he's on a +1 now which he'll need to survive the chosen.My vampire on dragon casts mystic shield on my grave guard locked in combat with the khorne chosen.

I sweeo round the back of the watchtower with my blood knights and black knights ir preparation of a nice juicy charge.

WP_20150725_026_zpsb92bsfa7.jpg

over on the left I position my dragon to charge the 2 khorne lords,my vargiests to charge the giant and the black knights to get rid of the marauders.

WP_20150725_027_zps2dlw7psq.jpg

before he charges,my dragon melts 2 knights with his breath which opens a nice gap for him to charge the knights and the 2 khorne heros.The dragon charges and kills the last knights but has to use all his attacks on them ######,the black knights charge the marauders and wipe them out.I changed my mind with the vargiests and charged the khorne chosen before they could wipe out the grave guard but truly horrendous dice again meant I lost 8 grave guard and 2 vargiests and managed to leave the chosen with 1 left :(

In the centre my dice woes continue and my blood knights and black knights roll ****** and only my blood knights can make it with their min 6" but it's against the chaos knights and not the chosen! They have a shocker and kill 1 knight,super krell causes 1 measerly wound which atleast takes one out with his ability and takes 2 wounds in return from a ###### load of chosen attacks.

Not a good turn for me.

I win roll off and use vlads ability on krell again but my mate unbinds my mystic shield attempt on him.My dragon vamp raises 3 vargiests in centre.I have no movement bar inching some models a bit closer for chargers. My black knights again roll a ###### charge and their min 6" just manages to get one into the chosen

WP_20150725_031_zpsjbimq4we.jpg

On the left I charge my other black nights into the khorne dude on juggernaut and the newly raised vargiests into the giant.My dragon fails miserably again and I inflict 2 wounds on the khorne lord on daemonic mount,the black knights do a bit better getting 3 on the jugger lord and the vargiests have a mare and only get 6 wounds on the giant.My dragon takes a whopping 9 wounds from the 2 khorne dudes......hmmmmm.I finish off the last chosen and inflict a couple of wounds on the chaos lord.

WP_20150725_032_zpsn0eg4fkf.jpg

In the centre and krell causes 1 wound again,ability kills one.Vlad,locked in combat with the tzeentch daemon price rolls poor and does 1 wound.Blood knights do ok this round but loose 2 dudes,the black knights kill 2 chosen.

My turn over and my mate tries to arcane bolt vlad but vlad survives 2 bolts.The blightkings and nurgle lord run from their postion to join the centre fight.His big tzeentch unit moves up rdy to charge and his nurgle daemon prince fly over to bolster his right flank.The chaos lord retreats from the grave guard fight.

WP_20150725_034_zpsn1wykfal.jpg

WP_20150725_035_zpsz39bu1je.jpg

My phone battery died at this point and after going a charging my phone I only realised after the game I forgot to take anymore pics..sorry.

In the combat phase my dragon again failed,causing only wound on the daemonic mount lord,my vargiests failed to kill the giant and the giant and nurgle dp killed them.Krell again only killed 1 chosen before falling to them while vlad held his own against the tzeentch daemon prince.My blood knights finally killed the chaos knights and my black knights killed a couple more nurgle chosen.

Turn over,

My mate wins roll and charges the giant and nurgle daemon prince into my grave guard,his tzeentch warriors charge vlad and my black knights while his nurgle lord and blightkings charge the remaining blood knights.

The grave guard get wiped out but not before taking the giant down,my dragon falls and he couldn't even kill one of the 2 khorne dudes he was in with all game....so dissapointed as he should have eaten them for breakie.Vlad dies and reappears to attack and kill the chaos lord,I loose my black knights to blightkings,chosen and tzeetch warrior attacks but my blood knights stay strong taking more nurgle chosen down.Nothing happen in battleshock.

My turn and all I got left is vlad,2 blood knights and 6 black knights.Vlad charges the tzeentch daemon prince and takes him out before falling to the horde of tzeentch warriors eager for revenge.The khorne lords take out the black knights and my blood knights finally fall to the blightkings.

Wow it was an amazing game and had I not had the worst dice I've had in months I could have easily had that.The left flank should have been done and dusted by the end of turn 2 and sweeping into his centre to take out the wizards and heros that he had in droves.Nevermind,onto the next game :)

Empire vs Warriors of Chaos

Played another game against my best mate John and his Warriors of Chaos.

Table

WP_20150812_011_zpszqzocje2.jpg

He won roll and split the table length ways,I picked the right hand side.

Chaos army:

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch (DPT)

Daemon Prince of Khorne(DPK)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle(DPN)

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut (his general)

Nurgle Lord

Tzeentch Scorceror Lord on mount

25 Khorne Warriors with 2 hand weps

5 Khorne Knights

5 Khorne Chosen

5 Blightkings

WP_20150812_013_zps3kwsi9di.jpg

Empire Army:

Brotherhood of Knights Formation - 2 x 5 Empire Knights,2 x 3 Demigryph Knights

Karl Franz(KF)

Balthazar Gelt(BG)

Empire General on Pegasus

Celestial Hurricanum

Steam Tank

WP_20150812_012_zpsovdshstp.jpg

I deployed 1st and also had sudden death.I picked seize ground and choose the furthest away building on his left flank.

WP_20150812_015_zpsz6bja7yr.jpg

I chose to go 2nd.

Chaos turn 1:

Hero phase: Khorne Lord uses Blood Stampede,Scorceror casts mystic shield on Khorne warriors,DPT fails to cast mystic shield

Movement: His whole army runs towards his left flank and my objective

WP_20150812_014_zpsa3jhixsr.jpg

Empire turn 1:

Hero phase:KF uses Leader of Men on Demigryphs,Celestial Hurricanum casts mystic shield on KF,BG casts mystic shield on the Knights on my right flank,Steam Tank uses More Pressure.

Movement: My left flank moves forward while my right flank takes up position in the woods

WP_20150812_016_zpsk6yazcpa.jpg

Shooting: Celestial Hurricanum inflicts 7 mortal wounds on the Blightkings,Steam Tank misses

Empire turn 2:

Hero phase: KF uses Leader of Men on Demigryphs,Hurricanum casts mystic shield on KF,BG casts mystic shield on knights in wood.

Movement: Left flank moves into charge range with Hurricanum support.My right flank stays put in the woods.

WP_20150812_018_zpsiiuszqaw.jpg

Shooting: Hurricanum kills the Scorceror Lord and 1 more Blightking,Steam Tank inflicts 1 wound on the DPN

Charges: KF charges the Nurgle Lord,Demigryphs charge the Blightkings and the Steam Tank charges the DPN and gets within 3" of the Khorne Warriors to deny them a charge.

WP_20150812_017_zpsrqu9ntwv.jpg

Combat: Start with Demigryphs who wipe out the Blightkings,Nurgle Lord inflicts 3 wounds on KF,the Steam Tank does 3 wounds on DPN,DPN doers couple on the Steam Tank,KF kills the Nurgle Lord,the Khorne warriors pile in and do a couple on the Steam Tank

WP_20150812_019_zpsh1jxk14j.jpg

Chaos turn 2:

Hero phase:Khorne Lord on JUggernaut uses Inspiring Presence on the Khorne warriors,DPT fails to cast mystic shield

Movement:DPK,DPT and Khorne Lord on Juggernaut move to charge the woods,the chosen run to support them and the Knights double back to try help the warriors.

WP_20150812_020_zpsbqnjvwal.jpg

Charges: DPK fails his charge,DPT fails his charge and the Lord on Jugger charges

WP_20150812_021_zpse1eq262m.jpg

Combat: The Lord on Jugger fails to wound and gets 3 in return from the General on Pegasus and 2 Knights.The DPN and Khorne warriors do a couple more wounds on the Steam Tank which in turn does a couple back on the DPN.

WP_20150812_022_zpsyxj2xmpg.jpg

Empire turn 3:

Hero phase:KF uses Leader of Men on Demigryphs,BG casts mystic shield on Demigryphs and Searing Doom on the DPN which leave it on 1 wound.Hurricanum casts mystic shield on KF,Steam fails to heal a wound

Movement: KF and Demigryphs move to chargethe DPN and Khorne warriors,Hurricanum moves to support,Knights move to go help my left flank. BG moves to my left flank to support KF.

WP_20150812_023_zpsrwxhy75s.jpg

Shooting:Hurricanum kills the DPN and puts some wounds on the DPT,Steam Tank kills a couple of Warriors.

Charges: KF and Demigryphs charge the Warriors

Combat:The Khorne warriors take a pounding,the Steam Tank takes more wounds meanwhile in the wood it's a stalemate between the General on Pegasus and his Knights against the Khorne Lord

WP_20150812_024_zpsfvnypjpg.jpg

Chaos turn 3:

Hero phase: Khorne Lord uses Blood Stampede,DPT fails to summon a DP

Movement: Knights move to charge KF,Chosen,DPK and DPT move to charge the wood.

Combat: Chaos Knights put a few wounds on KF,KF kills 2 Knights,the Demigyphs and Steam Tank kill more Warriors while the Steam Tank takes 1 back and is on it's last wound

WP_20150812_026_zpszur9iu2a.jpg

The Chosen leave 1 Knight left,stalemate between the General and Khorne Lord,Demigryphs put a wound on the DPK taking 2 in return

WP_20150812_025_zpsxt8bpma9.jpg

Chaos turn 4:

Hero phase: Lord uses Blood Stampede,DPT fails to summon a DP

Combat: KF finishes off the Khorne Knights,Demigryphs and Steam Tank kill more warriors.Over in the wood the Demigryphs inflict a bunch of wounds on the DPK,the last Knight falls to the DPT.

WP_20150812_027_zpslataznst.jpg

Empire turn 4:

Hero phase:KF uses Leader of Men on Demigryphs,BG casts searing doom on warriors killing another 2,Hurricanum casts mystic shield on the Demigryphs in the wood

Movement: KF flies over to charge the last of the warriors,the Knights in the centre move to charge the Chosen,Hurricanum supports

Shooting: Hurricanum kills the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut and the DPK,Steam Tank causes 1 wound with the steam gun

WP_20150812_028_zpsnslrzhtn.jpg

Charges: Knights charge the Chosen,KF charges the last few warriors as do the demigryphs

Combat: Knights and General on Pegasus kill the Chosen,the Demigryphs loose a model to the DPT.KF kills last of the Khorne warriors but not before they finally took out the Steam Tank

Empire turn 5:

Hero phase: KF uses Leader of Men on Demigryphs in wood,Hurricanum casts mystic shield on same unit.

Movement: Everything converges on the DPT

Shooting: Hurricanum takes it out

WP_20150812_029_zps1eaujowj.jpg

Empire Major Victory!!

Conclusions: Holy moly are the Empire powerfull,the Hurricanum is insane!

I knew I get a sudden death so set up on the left so most of the chaos forces setup opposite and then by choosing the furthest building over on my right and letting my opponent go 1st it forced him into trying to go defend it knowing I had a super fast army.I then basically ignored my objective and moved in the opposite direction to overpower his right flank.

This game has been the most satisfying game I've ever played as I had a plan,picked my charges carefully and it all came off beautifully even tho the Hurricanum did kill a lot I'd made it so he had nothing really to charge it or arcane bolt it.

fabulous game and I'm still buzzing :D

Empire vs Warriors of Chaos 2

Played another game tonight against John and his Warriors of Chaos.

We set the terrain up and John won roll for dividing and he went for an L shape.I choose the side with the Watchtower.

WP_20150815_017_zpstgzgvlkz.jpg

Chaos army:

Khorne Exalted Hero(KEH)- general

Khorne Lord on Daemonic Mount(KLDM)

Chaos Lord(CL)

Daemon Prine of Tzeentch(DPT)

Sorcerer Lord on Mount(SLM)

Sorcerer Lord

Battle Standard(BSB)

3x10 Khorne Warriors

10 Khorne Chosen

5 Khorne Chosen

5 Khorne Knights

5 Marauder Horsemen

WP_20150814_002_zpsfjx0vsaj.jpg

Empire army:

General Battle Standard(BSB)

General on Pegasus(GoP)

Balthazar Gelt(BG)

Amber wizard on horse

Amber wizard

Engineer

20 Swordsmen

10 Swordsmen

20 Hangunners

5 Reiksguard Knights

2x Cannons

1 Hellblaster Volley Gun

WP_20150814_003_zpsbiwyqfii.jpg

John deployed 1st and choose to go 1st

Chaos turn 1:

Hero phase: KEH uses Bloodlord,he mystic shields the DPT and a unit of Warriors who also get Daemonic Power

Movement: SLM,2 units of Warriors and a unit Chosen advance towards my right flank

WP_20150814_004_zpsncxpxr5s.jpg

The rest of the army advances on my artillery bunker

WP_20150814_005_zpszxg56sdt.jpg

Empire turn 1:

Hero phase:General BSB uses Hold the Line, Mystic shield on the GoP and the Swordsmen protecting the artillery

Movement: Rieksguard move to my right,Handgunners with their Swordsmen shield advance to close the range,General BSB garrisons the Watchtower and the GoP moves into charge position

WP_20150814_006_zpsf54xs65r.jpg

Swordsmen move to protect the artillery

WP_20150814_007_zpsdopv4eb1.jpg

Shooting: Cannons kill the DPT,Hellblaster puts some wounds on KLDM

Charges: GoP charges the SLM and locks down the Chosen and a unit of Warriors

Combat : GoP fails to wound the SLM and takes 2 wounds in return from all the Khorne dudes

WP_20150814_008_zpsjoshilr2.jpg
Empire turn 2:

Hero phase: General BSB uses Hold the Line,mystic shield on the 20 strong Swordsmen unit

Movement: Handgunners and Swordsmen move a bit forward to get in range

Shooting:Cannons take out the KLDM,Hellblaster jams,Handgunners put 5 wounds on the Chosen

Combat: GoP kills a Chosen and only takes 1 wound in return

WP_20150814_009_zps02wjtt2p.jpg

Chaos turn 2:

Hero phase: KEH uses Bloodlord,Orracular Visions on Warrior unit in with my GoP and mystic shield on Warriors on my left.He arcane bolts a handgunner

Movement: John directs everything towards my Handgunners and my General BSB in the Watchtower,Marauders move to harrass my Swordsmen near my artillery

WP_20150814_011_zpskzqkudjg.jpg

Shooting: The Marauders kill a Swordsman

Charges: The unit of Warriors charges my Swordsmen shield and losses a couple of models to stand and shoot

Combat: GoP kills another Chosen and survives the round unscathed,his Warrior unit in with the Swordsmen fail to wound

WP_20150814_010_zpsjj2mexlx.jpg

Empire turn 3:

Hero phase: General BSB uses Hold the Line,Amber Wiz on horse arcane bolts the last Chosen fighting my GoP

Movement: Swordsmen move to charge the Marauders

WP_20150814_012_zpsn9amemdx.jpg

Reiksguard move to charge the unit of Warriors on my right flank

Shooting:Cannons and Hellblaster and Handgunners wipe out the Warrior unit in with my Swordsmen and leave the Knights with 1 left.

Charges: Reiksguard charge the Warriors

WP_20150814_014_zpsdc0xwibf.jpg

Swordsmen charge the Marauders

WP_20150814_015_zpsq7deqhkx.jpg

Combat: Swordsmen only do 1 wound on the Marauders,the Rieksguard fair no better against the Warriors and my GoP finally falls

Chaos turn 3:

hero phase:KEH uses Bloodlord and a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch is summoned back to the fight

Movement: Everything that can bears down on my Swordsmen shielding the Hangunners and the last Knight heads towards my artillery.The Marauders retreat from combat only to line up another charge

Shooting: he forgets to

Charges: Swordsmen get charged by everything that can and take out 2 warriors with their stand and shoot

WP_20150815_001_zpsura9g5pk.jpg

His Marauders charge my Swordsmen and the lone Knight charges 1 cannon

WP_20150815_002_zpssrkcxerx.jpg

Combat: I loose my Swordsmen and  half the Handgunners to the Khorne assault.The Reiksguard loose 2 Knights to the Warriors who loose 2 themselves.I kill 4 Marauder Horsemen and the lone Knight kills 2 cannon crew

WP_20150815_004_zpszpoem53k.jpg

Battleshock: I loose my Handgunners

WP_20150815_003_zpsiszqgw1b.jpg

Chaos turn 4:

Hero phase: He fails to summon another 2 Daemon Princes

Movement: he moves his last Chosen unit and his KEH and CL towards my General who is garrisoned in the Watchtower and ultimately towards my artillery.A warrior unit moves to charge my Amber Wizard who is holed up in cover.He retreats the remaining Marauder who lines up a charge into the other cannon crew.

Charges: Warriors charge the Amber Wizard and the KEH and CL charge the Watchtower.Marauder charges the cannon crew.DPT charges the Reiksguard.

Combat: Amber Wizard suffers 2 wounds.My General dies.

WP_20150815_006_zpscdyktmya.jpg

The lone Knight fails to kill the last crew of 1 cannon while the Marauder fails to wound any of the other crew who kill him in return.BG can't kill the lone Knight

WP_20150815_007_zpssnmr0a4r.jpg

Empire turn 4:

Hero phase: Amber Wizard on foot arcane bolts the lone Chaos Knight,BG Searing Dooms 2 Chosen

Movement: Amber Wizard on horse retreats

Swordsmen move to protect the artillery and BG moves out to close the distance

WP_20150815_009_zpszbhrb1zh.jpg

Shooting: Cannons and Hellblaster take out 5 Chosen

Empire turn 5:

Hero phase: BG arcane bolts the BSB

Movement: Swordsmen move into a better position to protect the artillery,Amber Wiz on horse runs and joins up with the artillery

WP_20150815_011_zpspdawwxyv.jpg

Shooting: Cannons and Hellblaster take out the Chosen

WP_20150815_012_zpsfiifrqon.jpg

Chaos turn 5:

Hero phase: Fails to summon 2 Daemon Princes

Movement: everything hides from artillery

Last Turn
Empire turn 6:

Movement: I move everything back in the woods

WP_20150815_013_zpsfrzaybqd.jpg

Chaos turn 6:

My buddy has realised he's not going to win a minor victory without taking out a couple of my dudes but he only has 2 Hero's in possible range so he trys and manages to get the Chaos Lord in with my Swordsmen!

Combat: He fails to wound!!!! My guys pile in just for the fun :)

WP_20150815_014_zpscpmjd4hs.jpg

game over and Empire minor victory! :)

Conclusions:

2nd game with my Empire in AoS and I wanted to try a shooty/infantry army and for a 1st go I think I did pretty well.The artillery is awesome,cannons are much better than they were,the Hellblaster is good but not as good as it was but the 3 together with an Engineer were awesome. The Handgunners were really good too and the Swordsmen shield worked wonders,they really are a tough unit to shift. Rieksguard didn't perform but they were the last unit to go down and I should have probably put another 10 Swordsmen down to help protect the Handgunners instead.

Great game tho and very close..only 1% difference in final scores too :D

Tomb Kings vs Empire

Played a game today using my handicap system Age of Sigmar:Reliquum between my Tomb Kings and my Empire.I took my Tomb Kings and my friend took the Empire.

60 model limit

TK army:

Settra
Tomb King x 2
Liche Priest x 2
Necrotect
Royalsphinx
Warsphinx
Necrosphinx
3 Necropolis Knights
3 Chariots
1 Screaming Skull catapult(3 crew)
41 Skeletons ancient blade+tomb shield

Army score:105

WP_20151017_003_zpsmkhkmvww.jpg

WP_20151017_004_zpsfd8g8rbi.jpg

Empire army:

Karl Franz
Balthazar Gelt
General on Pegasus
Warrior Priest
Engineer
Celestial Hurricanum with Wizard
Steam Tank
20 Handgunners
10 Empire Knights
5 Reiksguard Knights
6 Demigryph Knights
2 Cannons(6 crew)
1 Hellblaster Volley Gun(3 crew)

Army score:127

WP_20151017_006_zpssmpcaart.jpg

WP_20151017_007_zpswjuybdut.jpg

WP_20151017_002_zpswhlngezd.jpg

I deployed 1st and with a difference of 22 points I got 2 uses of Blessed 1 reroll 1 units failed hit rolls.

I let the Empire go 1st

Battleround 1

Empire turn 1:

Herophase: Engineer uses More Pressure,Warrior Priest fails Hammer of Sigmar on Handgunners,Hurricanum casts Mystic Shield on the Steam Tank,Balthazar casts Mystic Shield on the Empire Knights

Movement: The Empire left flank moves forward a little with the Empire Knights taking up position in the cover of a buildings walls while on the right the Steam Tank and Reiksguard move forward.

WP_20151017_008_zpskf4cjfx1.jpg

WP_20151017_009_zpswgd2uxsm.jpg

Shooting: The Steam Tank misses the Royalsphinx,1 cannon hits Settra but he saves both wounds so the other cannon shoots him and again does 2 wounds which Settra saves one but rather than take the damage I decide to use 1 Blessed to make the save.

Tomb Kings turn 1

Herophase: Settra declares WAR and uses Desert Wind on the Chariots,The 2 Tomb Kings use MWBD on the Skeleton units their with,Royalsphinx uses WDWM on the Steam Tank,Liche Priests both fail to cast Mystic Shield

Movement: On my left I move the Necropolis Knights,Warsphinx and Royalsphinx as far forward as I can while on the right I fly the chariots over to the centre to enable them to get close to the Empire warmachines next turn.

WP_20151017_010_zpscm8vmnjr.jpg

WP_20151017_011_zpsfunkftii.jpg

Shooting: Screaming Skull hits the Hurricanum with 1 skull doing 4 wounds

Charge: I forgo charging this turn as with 1 Blessed left I was virtualy guaranteed to get 2 turns in a row.

Battleround 2

Empire won the roll off but I used my last Blessed to change his result and thus win the roll off :)

TK turn 2:

Herophase: Settra declares WAR and uses Desert Wind on the Chariots,The 2 Tomb Kings use MWBD on the Skeleton units they're with,Royalsphinx uses WDWM on the Steam Tank,Liche Priests once agaun fail to cast Mystic Shield

Movement: On my left the Necropolis Knights race toward the Handgunners,the 2 Sphinx's move forward and retain the cover bonus.My right flank races forward with the Chariots flying right up to the warmachines,the Necrosphinx lines up Karl Franz and Settra lines up the Demigryphs.the Skeleton units run forward to keep pace.

WP_20151017_012_zpswcqwp3ut.jpg

WP_20151017_015_zpsryusfcoj.jpg

Shooting: Chariots fail to wound the cannon crew and the Screaming Skull misses the Hurricanum with both shots.

Charges:The Necropolis Knights charge the Handgunners and loose 1 Knight to the stand and shoot,the Necrosphinx charges Karl Franz,Settra fails to charge the Demigryphs and oh dear,the Chariots roll snake eyes

WP_20151017_016_zpsfdfgwjol.jpg

Combat:The Necrosphinx inflicts 7 wounds on Karl Franz who gets mad and wallops it for 12 wounds but halfed he does 6,a Demigryph and Balthazar Gelt both chip in and inflict 1 wound each on the Necroshinx.The Necropolis Knights kill 5 handgunners and take 3 wounds back.

Empire turn 2

Herophase: Karl Franz uses his ability on the Demigryphs,Balthazar Gelt casts Searing Doom on Settra inflicting 5 wounds! and also casts Mystic Shield on Karl Franz.The Hurricanum casts Mystic Shield on the Reiksguard and the Warrior Priest heals the Hurricanum of 3 wounds.

Movement:Steam Tank and Reiksguard move towards the Sphinxs.Demigryphs move to charge Settra,Balthazar Gelt retreats to the top of the Watchtower and the Empire Knights move forward to try and get behind the enemy

WP_20151017_017_zpsifnsbzfp.jpg

WP_20151017_018_zps33rl5wro.jpg

Shooting:Steam Tank cannon misses the Warsphinx,steamgun does 1 wound.Hurricanum does 4 wounds on the Royalsphinx with the 2 cannons inficting another 5 on it.The Hellblaster kills 1 chariot and the Handgunners kill another Necropolis Knight.

Charges: Steam Tank charges the Warsphinx,Reiksguard charge the remaining Necropolis Knight.Demigryphs charge Settra

WP_20151017_019_zpsdm8s8j8k.jpg

WP_20151017_020_zpsqjssvtiz.jpg

Combat: Karl Franz kills the Necrosphinx,Settra puts 9 wounds on the Demigryphs taking 1 in return.The warsphinx takes 3 wounds from the Steam Tank which survives this combat untouched.The Necropolis Knight kills 2 Handgunners before falling to the Reiksguard.

Battleshock: The remaining Demigryph flees

Battleround 3

TK turn 3

Herophase: Settra declared WAR and granted Desert Wind to the unit of Skeletons to his left.The Tomb Kings used MWBD on their respective units.The Liche on the left healed the Royalsphinx for 2 wounds and the Liche on the right cast Mystic Shield on Settra.

Movement: The Skeletons and Tomb King on my right move to engage the Empire Knights and the General on Pegasus.The Settra buffed Skeletons use their extra speed to move up to Karl Franz and the Demigryphs.The Royalsphinx moves forward.

WP_20151017_021_zpspxi4dyl6.jpg

Shooting: Screaming Skull hits with 1 shot on the Hurricanum inflicting 4 wounds.Warsphinx Firery Roar misses the Steam Tank,Royalsphinx hits the Reiksguard but they save.Chariot bows fail to wound the cannon crew.

Charges: Royalsphinx charges the Reiksguard.Chariots charge the warmachines.Skeletons charge the rear of the Empire Knights,Tomb King charges General on Pegasus.Other Skeletons and Settra charge the  Demigryphs,the Tomb King fails to reach

WP_20151017_023_zps2fewyt5n.jpg

WP_20151017_024_zpshtgbgaej.jpg

Combat: Royalsphinx inflicts 4 wounds on the Reiksguard.Warsphinx puts 4 wounds on the Steam Tank which in turn fails to wound.Skeletons only manage 1 wound on the Empire Knights while their Tomb King fails to wound the General on Pegasus and recieves 2 wounds for his trouble.Settra only does 1 wound on the Demigryphs while the Skeletons fail to wound them.

Empire turn 3

Herophase: Karl Franz uses his ability on the Demigryphs,Balthazar Gelt casts Searing Doom on Settra again but this time only manages 1 wound,he also casts Mystic Shield on Karl Franz.Hurricanum fails to Arcane Bolt the Royalsphinx.The Warrior Priest heals the Hurricanum 2 wounds.

Movement: Karl Franz moves to engage the Chariots.Balthazar Gelt moves close to the Screaming Skull.The Empire Knights retreat away from the Skeletons and the general on Pegasus retreats from the Tomb King.

WP_20151017_025_zpsioj7vlsp.jpg

Shooting: Steam Tank cannon misses Warsphinx but Steamgun does 1 wound.Hurricanum does 2 wounds on the Royalshinx and then 1 cannon finishes it off.The other cannon hits the Chariots for 4  wounds while the Hellblaster jams.

Charges: Karl Franz charges the Chariots.Balthazar Gelt charges the Necrotect and Screaming Skull.

Combat: Karl Franz hits the Chariots for 6 wounds taking 2 out.Settra puts 4 wounds on the Demigryphs who put 6 wounds on the Skeletons who in turn put 2 wounds on the Demigryphs.Warsphinx puts 1 wound on the Steam Tank which puts 2 wounds on the Sphinx.Balthazar Gelt fails to hit and gets 3 wounds for his troubles.

WP_20151017_026_zpsygvrlzan.jpg

Battleround 4

TK turn4

Herophase: Settra declares WAR and puts Desert Wind on the Skeletons chasing the Empire Knights.Liche Priest heals the Warsphinx for 1 wound while the other puts a Mystic Shield on Settra.Tomb Kings buff the Skeleton units.

Movement:Skeletons and Tomb King chase after the Empire Knights.The other Tomb King closes in on Karl Franz

Shooting: Screaming Skull misses Karl Franz,The Steam Tank saves the Warsphinx Firery Roar.

Charges: Skeletons and Tomb King charge the Empire Knights again.The other Tomb King rolls and 11 for his charge and makes it into combat with Karl Franz

WP_20151017_028_zpsg3xwn8z0.jpg

Combat: The Tomb King does 9 wounds to the Empire Knights before falling to them while the Skeletons inflict 1 more wound on them.The Tomb King in combat with Karl Franz hits him 6 wounds and and suffers 3 wounds in return.Demigryphs kill 3 Skeletons with Settra and the Skeletons only managing 2 wounds in return.The Chariots only manage 2 wounds on the Hellblaster.Balthazar and the Necrotect/crew fail to wound each other.

Battleshock: 2 Empire Knights flee

Empire turn 4

Herophase: Karl Franz buffs the General on Pegasus.Balthazar Gelt kills the Tomb King in with Karl Franz with Searing Doom and Mystic Shields himself.Hurricanum puts a Mystic Shield on Karl Franz and the Warrior Priest fails to heal Karl Franz

Movement:The last 3 Empire Knights retreat as does Balthazar Gelt who reatreats back to top of watchtower.The Reiksguard move to charge the Liche keeping the Warsphinx alive.The Handgunners move forward.

WP_20151017_029_zpsnw2cseaw.jpg

WP_20151017_030_zpsbxcpdswp.jpg

Shooting: Steam Tank misses the Warsphinx. Hellblaster inflicts 6 wounds on the Chariots while 1 cannon adds 5 more wounds killing the Chariots.The remaining cannon shoots and kills the Screaming Skull crew.The Handgunners put 1 wound on the Warsphinx.

Charges: Karl Franz charges the Skeletons.General on Pegasus charges Settra.Reiksguard charge the Liche.

WP_20151017_031_zpsrp1rjvff.jpg

Combat: The General on Pegasus attacks Settra but fails to wound.Settra then kills the last Demigryph.Karl Franz only manages to kill 2 Skeletons who pile in and  take him out.The Reiksguard kill the Liche.The Steam Tank kills the Warsphinx

Battleround 5

TK turn 5

Herophase: Settra declares WAR and grants Desert Wind to the Skeletons who've just taken out Karl Franz.The last Liche raises 3 new crew for the Screaming Skull.

Movement: The Skeletons with Desert Wind move to engage the warmachines while the other Skeleton unit runs to try and close the gap with the Empire Knights and also the Reiksguard.

Shooting: Screaming Skull hits the Hurricanum twice but only gets 1 shot thru inflicting another 4 wounds on it.

Charges: The Skeletons charge the warmachines

Combat: Settra kills the General on Pegasus.the Skeletons fail to wound the warmachines or their crew.

Empire turn 5

Herophase: Balthazar Gelt kills Settra with Searing Doom then Arcane Bolts the Liche.The Warrior Priest heals the Hurricanum for 1 wound.

Movement: The Steam Tank,Reiksguard and Empire Knights move to charge the Skeletons.The Handgunners move to shoot the skeleton unit in combat with the warmachines.

Shooting: The Hurricanum kills the Liche.The Cannons,Hellblaster and Handgunners wipe the skeletons out.The Steam Tank cannon kills the Screaming Skull crew.

I call it a day and the Empire are victorius.  

That was a really good game and the 1st time I've come face to face with my Empire army.I knew it would tough even with the handicap system we used but I felt confident in getting 2 turns in row and really punishing the Empire. Trouble is tho I failed the important charge rolls and I underestimated how hard it was to actually get rid of the warmachines. The way they were positioned meant I couldn't get behind them and get to the crew and without rend my chariots and skeletons were next to useless.

There are lots of things I'd do differently in hindsight and I was out deployed when i think about it but overall a really good,fun game.

The Battle of La Maisontaal

So I was re-reading the End Times books and it struck me how well suited the scenarios in the End Times are to AoS and while we never got round to playing them with 8th we've decided to have a go using AoS.

1st thing I'd like to point out is that I don't have all the armies needed so we have used what we have which bests fits the scenario.In the the 1st scenario it's Brettonia vs Vampire Counts but we have used Empire instead of Brettonia. We also use the appendix at the back of each book to only take whats listed or use a good substitute,so the Empire doesn't take Hurricanum,steam tanks etc. There is no effort made to balance the games and what ever fits the bill is taken.

The Battle of La Maisontaal

Empire army defending La Maisontaal:

General with Battle Standard (General)
General on Horse with Sigmarite Weapon
General with Greatsword
General on Pegasus with Lance and Shield
Balthazar Gelt
Amber Wizard on Horse
Amber Wizard
Warrior Priest with Greathammer
Warrior Priest with dual Hammers
Engineer
20 Swordsmen
20 Handgunners
10 Swordsmen
20 Halberdiers
10 Swordsmen
20 Halberdiers
11 Empire Knights
5 Reiksguard Knights
3 Demigryph Knights
3 Demigryph Knights
2 Cannons
1 Hellblaster Volley Gun

The Empire army had to stop the Undead General from getting within 12" of the entrance to La Maisontaal

WP_20151027_008_zpsphqxzuep.jpg

WP_20151027_009_zps25kqyhhj.jpg

Undead army attacking La Maisontaal:

Krell (General)
Vampire Lord on Nightmare
Strigoi Ghould King
Wight King
Necromancer
32 Skeletons with Spears and Crypt Shields
38 Zombies
40 Ghouls
30 Grave Guard with Great Wight Blade
30 Grave Guard with Wight Blade and Crypt Shield
9 Black Knights
9 Black Knights
5 Blood Knights

The Undead had to get Krell to within 12" of the entrance to La Maisontaal

WP_20151027_007_zpsyk52b5xg.jpg

WP_20151027_006_zpsgkaiw0jn.jpg

The Undead go 1st in this scenario

WP_20151027_010_zpsyi3vha7j.jpg

Battleround 3

Undead turn 3

Herophase: The Ghoul King regenerates 2 wounds while 3 Zombies and 2 Grave Guard pick themselves back up. The Ghoul King summons 10 Ghouls behind enemy lines to aid him in his fight on the Undead right flank while the Vampire Lord summons 5 more Black Knights to ais his fight on the left flank.The Necromancer Mystic Shields Krell. Krell uses Lord of Bones on the Grave Guard unit with Wight Blades and Crypt Shields.

WP_20151028_018_zpsy1snfam1.jpg

WP_20151028_019_zps0nzd2oqr.jpg

Movement: Time for the big guns to get stuck in.The Grave Guard units move to charge distance while the Blood Knights emerge to join the fight.

WP_20151028_020_zpsibsq6hsi.jpg

Charges: Everyone who can charge does charge with no units failing.The Hangunners stand and shoot the Grave Guard unit with Great Wight Blades killing 10.

WP_20151028_021_zps86j79inq.jpg

Combat: It takes both Grave Guard units to wipe out the Swordsmen shielding the Hangunners.The Blood Knights finish off the Swordsmen but are loose 2 Knights to the Halberdiers.The Zombies kill 4 Swordsmen and loose 6 to the Swordsmen and Halberdiers in return.The Ghoul King and his Ghouls manage to inflict 2 wounds on each Demigryph unit and survive the round unscathed.The newly summoned unit of 5 Black Knights loose 4 Knights the Empire General and his Knights after only inflicting 1 wound on the Empire Knights.The Reiksguard and Black Knights can't get through each others armour,stalemate.The Warrior Priests enter the fight with one taking on the Wight King and causing 1 wound,the other got stuck into the Zombies and killed 2.Finally Krell stepped forward and with 2 swings of his axe ended the life of the greatsword General befoe he could even lift his weapon.

WP_20151028_022_zpstq9nftz4.jpg

WP_20151028_023_zpsqgxtv8we.jpg

Battleshock: 1 Grave Guard with Great Wight Blade crumbles.

Empire turn 3:

HeroPhase: Dark Enchantments hits the Amber Wizard on foot for 1 wound.The General with Standard tells the Handgunners and both units of Halberdiers to Hold the Line.The Amber Wizard on foot Arcane Bolts the last Black Knight freeing the Empire General and his Knights to do as they wish.Balthazar Gelt Arcane Bolts Krell but it is unbinded,he then casts Searing Doom on Krell hitting 4 times but Krell only takes 2 wounds.The Amber Wizard on horse Mystic Shields the Halberdiers in combat with the Blood Knights. Both Warrior Priests cast hammer of Sigmar one for the Hangunners and  the other for the the Halberdiers.

Movement: Free of the Black Knights the General and his Knights move to charge the Blood Knights.The Rieksguard retreat from the stalemate with the Black Knights.

WP_20151028_025_zpswmmaaew5.jpg

Shooting: With Krell in range now the cannons take aim,hitting 3 times,wounding 3 times but they just bouce off the Armour of the Barrows.The Hellblaster takes aim at the Wight Blade wielding Grave Guard and cuts 5 down.The Handgunners take out 8 Great Wight Blade Grave Guard.

WP_20151028_026_zpspcv1asus.jpg

Charges: With the enemy on the doorstep,Balthazar charges to try and finish off the Grave Guard.The General and his Knights charge the Blood Knights.

WP_20151028_027_zpsyvuc0owi.jpg

WP_20151028_028_zps19zengc2.jpg

Combat: Balthazar Gelts heroics pay off and he finishes off the Grave Guard.The Blood Knights fancy their chances against the charging Empire Knights so direct all their attacks at the halberdiers killing 6.The Empire General gets 1 wound through on the Vampire Lord who in turn wounds the General twice.The Ghoul King suffers another wound after failing to hurt the Demigryphs.The Zombies take 3 Swordsmen down before 15 of them are cut down the Halberdiers.

Battleshock: The remaining Zombies fall to the ground.

Battleround 4

Undead turn 4:

Herophase: The Ghoul King regenerates a wound and summons another 20  Ghouls to do his bidding. The Necromancer Mystic Shields Krell and the Vampire Lord Mystic Shields the Blood Knights.

WP_20151028_029_zps51fqapfp.jpg

Movement: The Black Knights move after the Reiksguard with secret hopes of charging the warmachines.

WP_20151028_030_zpsrgqxo12q.jpg

Charges: The Black Knights fail to charge the warmachines so charge the Reiksguard again.The Ghouls behind the Halberdiers charges them in the rear.Krell and the remaining Grave Guard charge the Handgunners.The Handgunners stand and shoot Krell but he saves all but 3,taking another 2 wounds...1 left!

WP_20151028_031_zps9n7mynsm.jpg

Combat: The Grave Guard kill 18 Hangunners which allows the Empire General to pile in on Krell and finish him,5 attacks,4 hits,3 wounds...3 saves! Krell cuts him in half. The Ghouls fail to wound the Halberdiers and have 6 hacked down for their troubles.The Demigryphs finally take the Ghoul King out.The other Demigryph unit kills another 5 Ghouls. The Wight King decapitates the Warrior Priest.The Vampire Lord inflicts another 2 wounds on the General with the Knights who wounds the Vampire Lord in response.The Empire Knights manage to get past the Blood Knights armour and cause 4 wounds.

Battleshock: the last of the original 40 strong Ghoul unit flees as does the 2 remaining Hangunners.

Empire turn 4:

Herophase: This is it for the Empire,fail to kill Krell this turn and the Undead can march right on in.

WP_20151028_032_zps49b0az1d.jpg

WP_20151028_033_zpsywqvwv0r.jpg

The Amber Wizard on Horse tries to Arcane Bolt Krell but fails to cast.The Amber Wizard on foot casts Arcane Bolt but it is unbinded by the Necromancer.Balthazar Gelt casts Searing Doom and Krell finally drops...inches from the entrance.

Empire Victory!!

Holy moly that was so much fun,it really was. Can't wait to get stuck into the rest of the scenarios and just playing that has me wanting to go get a box of Brettonian Knights and King Louen for future games :)

AoS Free people Vs Skaven : Storm the Fortress

AoS really is great and one it's best qualities is how you can just dream up scenarios and the rules just work with minor tweeks here and there depending on what your doing.We played one such game the other day which I wasn't going to reprt on but once we got it set up it looked fitting so I did. It was also a good excuse to play my Skaven which I've been building up recently :)

The story behind this scenario is that Archaon has received news of a Free Peoples mountain fortress which has remained hidden from Chaos.The Skaven found it and have been tasked with taking it,tho not trusting the Skaven Archaon sends Gutrot Spume to keep and eye on things.The Skaven hope to lure the forces out of the fortress with a decoy war camp not far from it while tunneling close to the fortress to attack from as close as possible and hopefully take it before the Free people return.The 1st part of the plan works and and when the Free People's fast moving force moves out the Skaven emerge and launch their attack.

The aim of the game for the Skaven was to get inside the fortress within 8 turns for a minor victory and claim the throne room for a major victory.The Free People had to kill all the Skaven for a minor victory and stop them entering for a major victory.

The Free People could only select infantry for the defence and 1 cavalry model to try and activate the under attack beacon.

The Free people were allowed to set up on the battlements with one hero but had to set any remaing heroes in the throne room and at least 1 unit in every large room of the fortress.(this was to represent a little un- preparedness on the Free Peoples part)

The Free People could have units of 5 instead of minimum 10

The Free People get d3 reinforcements who would arrive turn 5 in the road section 6" in.

If the Free People could activate the alert beacon(wizard tower on battlefield) then they would receive d3+2 reinforcements who could also move the same turn they arrived otherwise just entering the board counts as their movement for that turn.

The Skaven could deploy anywhere 18" away from the fortress and not inside the road section.

The outside: the gree card represents the rock face the fortress is built in.
WP_20151212_12_42_46_Pro_zpssg1jokum.jpg

The inside:
WP_20151212_12_42_23_Pro_zps7dmcm0sw.jpg

Couple of things about this game were that the main fortress gate had 10 wounds and 3+ save and the door to the throne room had 10 wounds and a 4+ save.Melee attacks against the doors auto hit,shooting attacks still needed a hit roll. Only attacks with a damage value of 2+ could damage the doors.

I also couldn't wait for Forge World to release rules for my Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror so we made some up.Nothing broken or absurd but 12" move,12 wounds,4+ save,6 Bravery: 3 Halberd attacks +3 /+3/1 ,  6 Claw attacks 4+/3+/2 ,  2 Jaw attacks 4+/3+/d3 :  Regen d3 if it killed anyone in previous combat phase or if it didn't it could gobble a skaven within 2" to heal d3.

Free People deployed 1st  and consisted of:

General with standard(general)
General with Greatsword
Wizard(amber)
Warrior Priest

General on Pegasus(beacon activator)

2 Cannons
10 hangunners
16 Halberdiers
10 Swordsmen x 2
5 Swordsmen x 4

WP_20151212_15_58_01_Pro_zpst7mowjxd.jpg

WP_20151212_15_45_08_Pro_zpsjmjf4pnu.jpg

Skaven army:

Grey Seer
Warlord
Warlord on Brood Horror
Warlock Engineer
Packmaster

19 Clanrats x 2
10 Stormvermin x 2
3   Rat Ogres
Warpfire Thrower
Warp Lightning Cannon
Hell Pit Abomination

Gutrot Spume
5 Blight Kings

WP_20151212_15_57_12_Pro_zpsnb8b4ht7.jpg

WP_20151212_16_08_56_Pro_zpsehfcbgcx.jpg

WP_20151212_15_58_50_Pro_zpsav8mai9u.jpg

Turn 1:

Skaven

Grey Seer used his ability "you will not run"(YWNR)and Mystic Shields the Stormverminand while the Warlock Engineer Mystic Shields the other unit of Stormvermin.

The army just runs forward.

WP_20151212_16_29_32_Pro_zpsmdl0d01c.jpg

WP_20151212_16_29_55_Pro_zps2nf6dsvb.jpg

The Warp Lightning Cannon(WLC) shot the main gate  and rolled a 4 for power and only manged 2 wounds.

Free People

General uses "Hold the Line" and buffs the Hangunners and Swordsmen on battlements.A unit of Swordsmen run out from the fortress interior to guard the gate.

WP_20151212_16_45_51_Pro_zpsvwtmnuku.jpg

The rest of the troops inside move to better postions and the Heroes leave the throne room with the Pegasus rider on a mission to to get that beacon.

WP_20151212_16_46_17_Pro_zpsu7lfzgb6.jpg

The Cannon on the right and the Handgunners cut down 12 Clan Rats while the Cannon on the left only managed to slay 2 Clan Rats.

In the battleshock phase the remaining 7 Clan Rats were about to run untill the Grey Seer gave them the eye  :nono: and none of them decided to run  :thumbsup:

WP_20151212_16_57_19_Pro_zpsfgskgdrh.jpg

Turn 2:

Free People

The General again tells his troops to Hold the Line(HTL) while the Wizard tries to Mystic Shield the Pegasus rider before he leaves but fails.

WP_20151212_17_34_03_Pro_zps0qnjtv76.jpg

The rest of the troops inside take up positions with the Heroes desperately trying to get to useful positions

WP_20151212_17_34_21_Pro_zps8nuhbnty.jpg

The Cannon on the left and the Hangunners take out 6 Clanrats while the other Cannon shoots the Stormvermin but the only hit is saved.

4 Clan Rats flee from Battleshock.

Skaven

Grey Seer uses YWNF and casts Mystic Shield on the Stormvermin again while the Warlock Engineer Mystic Shields the other Stromvermin.

In the movement phase both Clan Rat units move to the base of the towers while both Stormvermin units move to possible charge range.The Hell Pit rolls 10 for move and closes in on the Pegasus along with the warlord on Brood Horror.

WP_20151212_18_01_45_Pro_zpsnezaiycl.jpg

Gutrot and his Blightkings hang around the tower in the hope of stopping anyone from activating the beacon.

WP_20151212_18_01_10_Pro_zpsiuwqnotu.jpg

The Warp Lightning Cannon shoots the main gate again and rolls a 1 for power :D The main gate has 2 wounds left now.

The Skaven charge but some poor rolls means only 1 Clan Rat unit made it up the walls to attack the right cannon,1 Stormvermin unit just made it to the Swordsmen guarding the gate and the Hell Pit rolled big which enabled it to charge the Swordsmen and the Pegasus.

In the combat phase the Hell Pit goes 1st and kills 8 Swordsmen,the Cannon crew then take out 1 Clan Rat,the Stormvermin finish off the Swordsmen,The general on the Pegasus puts 4 wounds on the Hell Pit and finally the Clan Rats kill a crew member.

WP_20151212_20_04_03_Pro_zpsssx3wkh7.jpg

Turn 3

Skaven

Grey Seer uses YWNF and casts Mystic Shield on the Stormvermin again.The Warlock Engineer charges up Warp Lightning and frazzles 6 Handgunners.The Hell Pit regens 3 wounds.

The army just moves as far forward as possible to get good charges.

In the shooting phase the Warp Lightning Cannon goes to take out the main gate but rolls a 5 for power and no wounds.The Warp Fire Thrower powers up and incinerates the last Handgunners.

Some ****** charges again,even with the +2 charge banners the Stormvermin failed to scale the walls as did the Warlord with only the Clan Rats making it up the walls to charge the other Cannon.The Rat Ogres charged the gate and the Warlord on Brood Horror charged the Pegasus.

WP_20151212_20_12_14_Pro_zpsbplcvvcs.jpg

Combat and the Clan Rats attack the Cannon crew but miss,the General on Pegasus wounds the Hell Pit once,the Warlord on Brood Horror hit the Pegasus for 2 wounds,the cannon crew miss their attackers,Clan Rats miss the other Cannon crew,the other crew miss the Clan Rats and finally the Hell Pit puts 2 more wounds on the Pegasus,

Free People

The General uses HTL,the Wizard fails to cast wildform on the Halberdiers but the Warrior Priest bestows Shield of Faith on them.

Movement and the halberdiers position themselves ready for whatever tries to get thru.The Pegasus retreats with with a mighty run roll of 6 and gets within 1 more move to activate the beacon. The Swordsmen on the battlements move to ramparts to stop any skaven coming right over the walls.

Given both Cannons were under attack it was fitting they missed lol  :thumbsup:

Halberdiers charged the Rat Ogres.

The Halberdiers went 1st and killed a Rat Ogre who got mad and killed 6 Halberdiers,the crew on the right miss the Clan Rats,the other Clan Rats killed the last crew of the left cannon.

WP_20151212_20_55_12_Pro_zpsooneb7yo.jpg

1 Halberdier flees

Turn 4

Free People

Again the General uses HTL,the Wizard fails to cast wildform on the Halberdiers and the Warrior Priest bestows Shield of Faith on them.

The Greatsword General moves in to support the Halberdiers as does the Warrior Priest.The Pegasus reaches the beacon  :bleep:

The remaining Cannon Crew manage to fire a shot off this time taking 3 Clan rats attacking them out.

Halberdiers kick off combat and inflict 3 wounds on the Rat Ogres,Clan Rats miss the crew,the crew kill 1 Clan Rat,Rat Ogres hit the Halberdiers for 6 again which opens up the way for the Greatsword General to cut down 1 Rat Ogre while the Warrior Priest failed to hit them.

The remaining Halberdiers suddenly loose their nerve and flee.

Skaven

The Grey Seer uses YWNF but fails to Mystic Shield the Stormvermin.The Warlock Engineer powers up his War Lightning and fries 5 Swordsmen on the battlements.The Hell Pit heals back up.

Movement and the Clan rats atop the tower on my right enter the tower thru the top hatch and reach the 1st floor.The Rat Ogre retreats to clear a way thru for the Stormvermin to charge.Gutrot sensing the Pegasus is going to fulfill his job moves up to support the rear of the Skaven attack.

WP_20151212_21_22_05_Pro_zps78dbbcbd.jpg

Shooting and the Warp Fire Thrower missfires,the Warlock Engineer misses with his pistol but the Warp Lightning Cannon incinerates the last cannon crew....freeing up the Clan Rats to enter the fortress.

The Stormvermin finally storm the walls tho the Warlord again is not very good at climbing..useless fecker.

WP_20151212_21_32_31_Pro_zps2rk24yhc.jpg

The other Stormvermin charge thru the main gate and into the fortress interior while the Clan Rat units charge down to the ground floor and into the Swordsmen blocking the stairs.

WP_20151212_21_32_50_Pro_zps8edcmr0d.jpg

The fighting starts with the Stormvermin wounding the Greatsword  General 4 times,The General on the battlements took 2 Stromvermin out who fought back and wounded him twice and also killed a Swordsman,Greatsword General missed,Clan Rats missed the Swordsmen,swordsmen took 2 Clan Rats out who missed in return,Warrior Priest killed a Stormvermin.

Turn 5

Free People

Good Job the beacon was activated as a 1 was rolled,So 3 units came on:Karl Franz,11 Knights and the Syeam Tank.

WP_20151212_21_52_56_Pro_zps3xcs3upf.jpg

General uses Hold the Line,Warrior Priest heals the Greatsword General 2 wounds who also has a Mystic Shield thanks to the Wizard.The Steam Tank uses more pressure.

The Wizard and a unit of Swordsmen move to guard the throne room

WP_20151212_21_55_02_Pro_zpsmunl9eoj.jpg

The reinforcements move up with Karl Franz running.The Pegasus moves back to join the fight nows it's job is complete

WP_20151212_21_58_58_Pro_zpsajbylxej.jpg

The Steam Tank shoots the Brood Horror and inficts 3 wounds.

The Knights charge the Warp Lightning Cannon

WP_20151212_22_03_11_Pro_zpsquiaffco.jpg

A unit of Swordsmen charge the Stromvermin

WP_20151212_22_03_26_Pro_zpsu8qbekqb.jpg

Combat and the Greatsword General kills 3 Stormvermin who reply by wounding the Warrior Priest and killing a Swordsman.The Genral kills 2 Stormvermin on the battlements who then attack and infict 1 more wound on him and killing another Swordsman.The Clan Rats and Swordsmen each loose a model,the warrior priest misses and the Warp Lightning cannon is destroyed by the knights.

Skaven

Grey Seer uses YWNF and fires an Arcane Bolt at the Greatsword wielding General taking him out instantly.The Warlock Engineer takes out the remaining Swordsmen on the battlements with a powered up Warp Lightning.

The Hell Pit and remaining Rat Ogre turn round to face the new threat from behind  and while the Blightkings march on Gutrot turns back to face the Pegasus.The Brood Horror moves to charge thru the gate.The Grey Seer scales the walls.

WP_20151212_22_42_19_Pro_zps9rb2izxs.jpg

The  Stromvermin on the battlements and the units inside the fortress all retreat moving further inside and in position for better charges.

WP_20151212_22_43_33_Pro_zpsqar8x6aw.jpg

Gutrot charges the Pegasus.The Brood Horror charges inside to attack the warrior Priest and Swordsmen,Stormvermin charge down tower to attack Swordsmen and Clan Rats inside charge Swordsmen.Thr Rat Ogre charges the Knights.

WP_20151212_22_49_40_Pro_zps0ouzyhrj.jpg
WP_20151212_22_52_33_Pro_zpspzqyvmz4.jpg

The Warlord on Brood Horror eliminates the warrior Priest and the Swordsmen,the Wizard gets lucky and takes out 3 Clan Rats,the other Clan Rats take out 1 Swordsman,Swordsmen take out 1 Clan Rat,Stormvermin wipe out the Swordsmen defending the stairs and the Rat Ogre kills 2 Knights. Gutrot cuts the Pegasus down

2 Clan Rats flee

Turn 6

Free people

4 units turn up:Balthazar gelt,Hurricanum,Rieksguard and a unit of Demigryphs.

WP_20151212_23_07_51_Pro_zpsuxswytvq.jpg

Balthazar cats Mystic Shield on Karl Franz while inside the Wizard Arcane Bolts the last 2 Clan Rats.

Movement and the Wizard takes a bodyguard of Swordsmen and locks himself in the throne room.4 brave Swordsmen move up to protect the door.

WP_20151212_23_15_59_Pro_zpsj5kfvmtu.jpg

The Knights run towards their fortress home ignoring the lone Rat Ogre but Karl Franz can't bypass the Hell Pit so stops just infront.The rest of the reinforcements move forward.

WP_20151212_23_16_45_Pro_zpstcjbg74s.jpg

The Hurricanum puts 5 wounds on the Hell Pit but the Steam Tank misses it.

The Steam Tank charges the Hell Pit inflicting 1 wound as it did.Karl franz rolled a big roll and managed to get over the Hell Pit and charge the Warlock Engineer and Warp Fire Thrower.The Demigryphs charge Gutrot Spume.The General on the battlements charges the Grey Seer.

WP_20151212_23_20_38_Pro_zpsyz7iobbp.jpg

Steam Tank wounds the Hell Pit 4 times,the Grey Seer kills the Free people General  :thumbsup: , Karl Franz kills both the Engineer and the Thrower team,Gutrot kills a Demigryph who cut the Nurgle champion down and the Hell Pit wounds the Steam tank twice.

WP_20151212_23_31_12_Pro_zpseu0rwvts.jpg

Skaven

The Grey Seer uses YWNF and Arcane Bolts Karl Franz for 3 wounds but he saves 2.The Hell Pit regens 2 wounds and Brood Horror 3 wounds.

The Brood Horror moves toward the throne room door,a unit of Stormvermin move to charge the brave 4 Swordsmen while the other unit moves to block the main gate and gets supported by the Warlord who enters the fortress.The Grey Seer runs down into the fortress.

WP_20151212_23_35_48_Pro_zpsyax1jgmv.jpg

Charges and the Blightkings charge Karl Franz

WP_20151212_23_36_47_Pro_zpsrshup8ac.jpg

Stromvermin charge the Swordsmen but the Brood Horror fails to reach the throne room door.

WP_20151212_23_39_39_Pro_zpskbxvnz2j.jpg

The Blightkings start combat and wound Karl Franz 4 times,the brave Swordsmen miss the Stormvermin,the Hell Pit wounds the Steam Tank,Karl Franz vents his fury on the Blightkings killing them all while finally the Stormvermin kill the 4 Swordsmen.

Turn 7

Skaven

Grey Seer can't see the throne room door so just Mystic Shields the Stormvermin.The Hell Pit heals  3 wounds

The brood Horror and Stormvermin move to the throne room door and the Grey Seer moves to get a view of the door.

WP_20151213_01_21_11_Pro_zps5yrzitut.jpg

Brood Horror and Stormvermin charge the door.

WP_20151213_01_26_53_Pro_zpstltk9k1c.jpg

The Brood Horror puts 8 wounds on the door  :facepalm:  The Hell Pit puts 2 wounds on the Steam Tank.

Free people

Balthazar Gelt Mystic Shields Karl Franz and casts Searing Doom on the Hell Pit,doing 2 wounds.Steam Tank heals a wound.The Wizard in the throne room Mystic Shields the Swordsmen.

The Wizard and Sweordsmen move to the back of the throne room

WP_20151213_01_37_38_Pro_zpsgadofstt.jpg

Karl Franz moves to charge the entrance,the Rieksguard move to charge the Rat Ogre and everything else just moves up.

The Hurricanum takes out the Hell Pit  :thumbsup:

Karl Franz charges the Stormvermin and the Rieksguard the charge the Rat Ogre and Packmaster

WP_20151213_01_37_21_Pro_zps0pdgkzc1.jpg

Karl Franz kills all the Stormvermin.The Warlord fails to wound Karl Franz.The Rieksguard kill the Ogre and it's master.

Turn 8

Balthazar Gelt kills the Warlord blocking Karl Franz with Searing Doom and Arcane Bolt.Hurricanum casts Mystic Shield on Karl Franz.

Karl Franz moves into the fortress.

Karl Franz charges but can only reach the Grey Seer who he kills swiftly and effectively stops any chance of the Skaven entering the throne room   :bleep:

Skaven

Even if they could bash the door in with this being that last turn they couldn't enter the throne room so instead they turned to face Karl Franz and charged him

WP_20151213_01_53_02_Pro_zpsbolt7wp9.jpg

Karl Franz was defeated and the Skaven won a  Minor Victory.

State of play at the end:

WP_20151213_01_54_35_Pro_zpsjoyyihyo.jpg

WP_20151213_01_54_48_Pro_zpsxusonnvl.jpg

Amazing game and one that didn't take too long...3 and a bit hours...it's took me longer to write this report up lol

AoS Glott on the Landscape - Death vs Rotbringers

Vlad and Isabella had spent a millennia in happiness until the Age of Chaos began and Nurgle wanted his once prized possesion back.Hunted through the realms the Von Carsteins had eluded Nurgle's grasp but now they've been found hiding in a small village and Nurgle has sent the Glottkin to go get her.

WP_20160130_19_15_48_Pro_zpscwsyawdh.jpg

Death

Vlad Von Carstein
Isabella Von Castein 

WP_20160130_19_17_38_Pro_zpspu6ss9hn.jpg

Death win a minor victory if Isabella isn't converted or slain after 6 turns or a major victory if both Vlad and Isabella  are still alive after 6 turns

Rotbringers

Glottkin
Gutrot Spume
Lord of Plagues
Rotbringer Scorcerer
2x5 Blightkings

WP_20160130_19_17_20_Pro_zpssm8ycqy3.jpg

Rotbringers win a minor victory if both Vampires are slain and a major victory if Isabella is converted.I used Nurglings method of converting so an attacker can forgo damage and instead add whatdamge they would have done plus a d6 and if it beats Isabella's bravery she is converted.

Death turn 1

Isabella summons a unit of Hexwraiths.Vlad summons a unit of Vargiests.

WP_20160130_19_27_51_Pro_zpscc7wjkvg.jpg

Rotbringers turn 1

Glottkin uses Lords of Nurgle(and does so every Hero Phase) and casts Fleshy Abundance and Mystic Shield on the Blightkings to it's right.The Nurgle Scorcerer cast Mystic Shield on the BLightkings to his left.

They all just run forwards

WP_20160130_19_49_53_Pro_zps8c6nhojk.jpg

Rotbringers turn 2

Glottkin fails to cast Mystic Shield but summons 10 Plaguebearers.The Scorcerer casts Mystic Shield on the Blightkings to his left.

WP_20160130_19_51_38_Pro_zpscglo9yxm.jpg

All except Gutrot Spume run forward.Gutrot,having got a good run roll last turn just moves forward hoping to charge the Hexwraiths.

WP_20160130_19_57_20_Pro_zpsplqwaj4h.jpg

Gutrot charges the Hexwraiths and inflicts 3 wounds before suffering 2 wounds in return.

WP_20160130_20_02_01_Pro_zps8sfimfcc.jpg

Death turn 2

Vlad summons a unit Vargiests and uses Slaves of Death on them.Isabella summons 5 Grave Guard

WP_20160130_20_05_29_Pro_zps6xihauwi.jpg

The Vargiests move to charge the flank of the Blightkings and Lord of Plagues

WP_20160130_20_09_05_Pro_zpsh1q7qxsz.jpg

Both units of Vargiests make their charges with the freshly summoned unit charging the Plaguebearers

WP_20160130_20_10_44_Pro_zpsqijneepo.jpg

Combat starts with Vargiests only doing 2 wounds on the Lord of Plagues.Gutrot kills 2 Hexwraiths.Vargiests kill 6 Plaguebearers,Lord of Plagues does 2 wounds to one Vargiest,Hexwraiths put another 2 wounds on Gutrot,the Plaguebearers wound a Vargiest 2 times and the BLightkings kill the Vargiests surrounding the Lord of Plagues.

Reality blinked in the battleshock phase and 5 Plaguebearers returned

WP_20160130_20_23_23_Pro_zpsxge7mbmm.jpg

Death turn 3

Isabella fails to summon a Vargulf while Vlad summons another unit of Vargiests and uses Slaves to Death on them.

WP_20160130_20_29_17_Pro_zpscvafkkke.jpg

The newly summoned Vargiests fail to charge the Lord of Plagues but the Grave Guard charge the Plaguebearers.

The Grave Guard start combat by killing 6 Plaguebearers,Gutrot finishes the Hexwraiths,the Vargiests fail to wound the Plaguebearers who inflict another wound on one in return.

WP_20160130_20_37_45_Pro_zpsldl2tdnc.jpg

Reality blinks a second time in  row and 3 Plaguebearers return.

Rotbringer turn 3

The Blightkings Virulent Discharge heals the Lord of Plagues 1 wound who also heals himself 1 wound.Glottkin casts Fleshy Abundance on the Plaguebearers and Arcane Bolts the Vargiests fighting them for 1 wound.The Sorcerer Arcane Bolts the same unit for 3 more wounds

The Rotbringers move into charge positions.

The Glottkin misses Vlad with Pestilent Torrent.

The Glottkin charges the Grave Guard while Gutrot,the Blightkings and Lord of Plagues fail to charge.

WP_20160130_20_58_27_Pro_zpszjkm8n9t.jpg

The Glottkin starts combat and wipes the Grave Guard out.The lone Vargiest has a perfect combat and kills 4 Plaguebearers who put 1 wound back on him.

WP_20160130_21_04_47_Pro_zpskhtqdlot.jpg

Death turn 4

Isabella summons a unit of Hexwraiths,Vlad summons a Vargulf and uses Slaves of Death on it.

Vlad moves out to confront Gutrot Spume.The Vargiests in the wood fly back to the village to charge the Glottkin.Isabella moves back.

WP_20160130_21_18_35_Pro_zpsm4kjt7m2.jpg

Vlad charges Gutrot and the Vargiests and Vargulf charge the Glottkin.

WP_20160130_21_21_13_Pro_zpsnnzsds35.jpg

The Vargiests start combat and inflict 8 wounds on the Glottkin.The Glottkin then hits the Vargiests for 10 wounds and the Vargulf for 6 wounds.Vlad avoids Gutrots tentacles and kills him

WP_20160130_21_21_58_Pro_zpshcrlnqzs.jpg

The Plaguebearers kill the Vargiest and the Vargulf wound the Glottkin 4 more times.

Rotbringer turn 4

The Glottkin heals 3 wounds,kills the Vargulf with Arcane Bolt but has Mystic Shield unbinded.The Sorcerer faikls to cast Arcane Bolt at Vlad.

The Glottkin retreats from the combat towards Isabella while the Lord of Plagues and his BLightkings move to engage the Vargiest.The other unit Blightkings moves to charge Vlad as does the Plaguebearers.

WP_20160130_21_35_53_Pro_zpsqwrso55t.jpg

The Lord of Plagues and his Blightkings charge and kill the last Vargiest.The other unit fails to charge Vlad but the Plaguebearers do and are swiftly despatched by Vlad.

Rotbringer turn 5

The Glottkin heals 3 wounds and has it's attempts to cast Mystic Shield on itself and Arcane Bolt at Vlad unbinded.The Sorcerer hits Vlad for 1 wound with his Arcane Bolt.

The Rotbringers close in

WP_20160130_21_44_33_Pro_zpsgyiblbtc.jpg

The Glottkin and the Lord of Plagues charge the Hexwraiths guarding Isabella but the BLightkings fail.The Other Blightkings charge Vlad.

WP_20160130_21_45_49_Pro_zpsz5vwpzpk.jpg

The Glottkin starts combat by killing 4 Hexwraiths.The lone Hexwraith then wounds the Lord of Plagues once.The Blightkings kill Vlad but he returns next to the Lord of Plagues and hits him for 4 wounds before he gets hit for 2 wounds by him.

WP_20160130_21_54_49_Pro_zpsifuunhzj.jpg

Death turn 5

Isabella summons a Vargulf who gets Vlads Slaves to Death but Vlad fails to summon a Zombie Dragon.

The Vargulf charges the Glottkin and Isabella charges the Lord of Plagues.

WP_20160130_21_59_06_Pro_zpsghmhgtlz.jpg

Isabella kills the Lord of Plagues and heals Vlad of one wound.The Glottkin can only do 3 wounds on the Vargulf who hits the Glottkin for 2 wounds in return.

Death turn 6

Vlad summons a Dragon and grants Isabella Slaves to Death.Isabella Mystic Shields Vlad.

WP_20160130_22_08_07_Pro_zpsu2nwptrq.jpg

The Dragon makes it's charge against the Blightkings and starts combat off killing 3 and wounding another twice.The BLightkings in combat with the Von Carsteins put 3 wounds on Vlad,2 on Isabella and kill the remaining Hexwraith.Vlad puts 5 wounds on the Blightkings,the Glottkin kills the Vargulf.Isabella wounds the Blightkings 3 times and heals her beloved 1 more time.

WP_20160130_22_16_34_Pro_zpswwuzkk53.jpg

Rotbringer turn 6

The Glottkin heals 2 wounds,Mystic Shields itself but has Arcane Bolt unbinded.Isabella unbinds the Sorcerers arcane Bolt.

The Glottkin misses Vlad again with Pestilent Discharge but charges the 2 vampires.

WP_20160130_22_20_26_Pro_zpsvf8r01nk.jpg

The BLightkings kill Vlad,Isabella goes mad and hits them for 6 wounds.The other Blighkings wound the Dragon who finishes them off.The Glottkin goes to convert Isabella but only manges 4 wounds which can't convert her.

Death wins a minor victory :)

(And Isabella summoned more Vargiests who with the Dragon felled the mighty Glottkin.Isabella picked up Vlads ring,mounted the Dragon and flew off)

Archived