Darsis army of Undead

Darsis

Hello everyone, I'm a long time Warhammer player returning to the scene after a number of years in the wilderness. I previously played Skaven, Empire and Warriors of Chaos in the Old World. I played my first few games of AoS skirmish recently and love the new direction the game has taken.  

Having decided to get back into the hobby I took the opportunity to start an army of the Undead I always wanted. At the moment I have the contents of the old Vampire Count box, the Deathrattle Barrow Lords box, a Black Knight kit and necromancer. The list below is what I am hoping to put together, I like the Deathrattle look and think this list will look well on the battlefield if not the most competitive. 

Anyway just looking for some info on where this list might struggle and likely threats it might not be able to deal with. One thing I am considering is swapping out the Hexwraiths to add five more Black Knights to that unit for a bit more durability.  

Thanks for reading and looking forward to getting to know you all :) 

Darsis. 

Allegiance: Death

Leaders

Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120) General  Command Trait : Master of the Black Arts - Artefact : Cloak of Mists and Shadows

Units

20 x Grave Guard (320) -Great Wight Blade

5 x Black Knights (120)

40 x Skeleton Warriors (280) -Ancient Spear & Shield

5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Total: 1000/ 1000 Points Leaders: 1/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4

Unfortunately you don't have enough battle line units. you need 2. Right now you only have one - the skeleton warriors.

If you pick the death rattle allegiance then your black knights and grave guard will be battle line but then you can't take the hex wraiths.

Easiest thing to do would be break up the skeletons in to 2 units of 30 and 10.

Maybe also drop 5  grave guard and get a tomb banshee or cain wraith. 

10 hours ago, Jgregs said:

Unfortunately you don't have enough battle line units. you need 2. Right now you only have one - the skeleton warriors.

If you pick the death rattle allegiance then your black knights and grave guard will be battle line but then you can't take the hex wraiths.

Easiest thing to do would be break up the skeletons in to 2 units of 30 and 10.

Maybe also drop 5  grave guard and get a tomb banshee or cain wraith. 

It is possible to take Deathrattle allegiance and use the hex wraiths as allies, is it not?

4 minutes ago, Gotrek said:

Deathrattle cant ally with nighthaunt

That's a pity, I must have missed that.  I might expand my unit of Black Knights to 10 for the time being and make the Allegiance Deathrattle until I  grow the army past 1000pts.  

Cheers for the feedback everyone!  

14 hours ago, Darsis said:

That's a pity, I must have missed that.  I might expand my unit of Black Knights to 10 for the time being and make the Allegiance Deathrattle until I  grow the army past 1000pts.  

Cheers for the feedback everyone!  

Note: you can set 160 points in reserve and summon the hexwraiths while maintaining deathrattle allegiance. 

Yes this is true, forgot about summoning. Your original list is valid using the death rattle allegiance, you just need to summon the hex wraiths. Which is actually pretty cool because they are ghosts. Hex wraiths are really good to summon because you can position them to take advantage of there spectral hunter ability in the movement phase.

3 hours ago, Darsis said:

Excellent, sounds like a plan! Thanks. Also just wondering, with Allegiance Death is it common for armies to max out on Dire Wolves for their Battleline requirements? Freeing up points for things like Blood Knights, Morghast etc. 

For lots of dire wolves you would go with generic death. Dead walkers faction does not currently have any unique traits.

Archived