1000 Points Slaves to Darkness

santiel

So, i realized that i have loads of old chaos warriors and Knights from around 2003 laying around. So i thought that id bring them back to life. We mostly play around 1000p so my question is, does this list work or what tweaks can i do to make it work. Im thinking about using the Slaanesh mark mostly for the run/charge but i love the options when you play StD. Here is what i have: 

1 Chaos Lord 
- Lord of War 
- Chaos Talisman 
-Mark of Slaanesh 

1 Chaos Sorcerer Lord 

20 Chaos Warriors 
-Mark of Slaanesh 

10 Chaos Knights 
-Mark of Slaanesh 

1000/1000 Points 

Is there a better route to go? should i split my warriors? Need advice!

Hello.

Some things to consider :

-Split warriors and knights in two units. You will loose the bonus of fielding warriors by 20 quite fast anyway and you will gain a better movement.

-Consider switching your mark of Slaanesh for Tzeentch where the benefits are immense for you or Khorne (in which case you will have to find a replacement for the sorcerer). The Tzeentch mark will give you a nice range of spells, artifacts and the famous destiny dices. Slaanesh gives you nothing (for the moment).

This is a very nice start for an age of Sigmar army, but you will quickly find that the Slave to Darkness rooster is full of resistant models with nice ward save and immunity from spells but gives you nothing in terms of firepower compared to other army. Chaos Warriors and Knights hits like a pillow.

What i recommand is giving us what you have in your collection so we can point what should be included in you list to balance things a little bit. There are things like the Apocalypse canon that can help you a lot.

9 hours ago, kozokus said:

Hello.

Some things to consider :

-Split warriors and knights in two units. You will loose the bonus of fielding warriors by 20 quite fast anyway and you will gain a better movement.

-Consider switching your mark of Slaanesh for Tzeentch where the benefits are immense for you or Khorne (in which case you will have to find a replacement for the sorcerer). The Tzeentch mark will give you a nice range of spells, artifacts and the famous destiny dices. Slaanesh gives you nothing (for the moment).

This is a very nice start for an age of Sigmar army, but you will quickly find that the Slave to Darkness rooster is full of resistant models with nice ward save and immunity from spells but gives you nothing in terms of firepower compared to other army. Chaos Warriors and Knights hits like a pillow.

What i recommand is giving us what you have in your collection so we can point what should be included in you list to balance things a little bit. There are things like the Apocalypse canon that can help you a lot.

Its actually funny that you say that because i was looking into Tzeentch and thought of this list instead:

Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

10x2 Chaos Warriors with Mark of Tzeentch (Battleline)

Chaos Warshrine with Mark of Tzeenth

5 x Chaos Chosen

1000/1000p

Does this look like a more potent list or is it just way to few models for a 1k battle? I felt like it could give me good support but still have some beefy guys out there.

I own about 40 Chaos Warriors and 15 Chaos Knights. Or at least that's is what i have found so far. Buying stuff is not an issue so just hit me up with whatever would be a good path to follow. I have been looking to build this towards Fatesworn Warband for 2k points. 

Can i take part of the spells from the spells in the Tzeentch book or whats the requirements there? I havn't really had time to look into the synnergies there other than what you get from the mark.

Hello there, i am an old player of Chaos, so now i am also playing StD

For me, a must have in this army, is the lord on Manticore, his command ability is almost mandatory if you play a lot of warriors. The kit is also very simple and you can make also a Wizard on manticore (don't glue the rider on the mount, then you can switch between the 2 versions)

Moreover, convert yourself a Battle standart banner, the effect of the banner are very interesting for a low price (80 points only, you can reroll 1 or 2 dices for the charges distance and gives you +2 to your bravery, range 20 inches!!). This banner saves my ass a couple of time!!

Chaos chosen also very good unit but you need at least 10 to do something useful.

I hope this message will help you ^_^

5 hours ago, Titus said:

Hello there, i am an old player of Chaos, so now i am also playing StD

For me, a must have in this army, is the lord on Manticore, his command ability is almost mandatory if you play a lot of warriors. The kit is also very simple and you can make also a Wizard on manticore (don't glue the rider on the mount, then you can switch between the 2 versions)

Moreover, convert yourself a Battle standart banner, the effect of the banner are very interesting for a low price (80 points only, you can reroll 1 or 2 dices for the charges distance and gives you +2 to your bravery, range 20 inches!!). This banner saves my ass a couple of time!!

Chaos chosen also very good unit but you need at least 10 to do something useful.

I hope this message will help you ^_^

Thank you for your input!

as for now this is one of hundreds of lists im playing with:

Chaos Lord On Manticore (300)

- General
- Command Trait : Illusionist
- Blade & Runeshield
- Artefact : Paradoxical Shield - Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)

- Runestaff
- Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch
- Lore of Fate : Bolt of Tzeentch

Units

10 x Chaos Warriors (180)

-Greatblade

10 x Chaos Warriors (180)

-Greatblade

5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)

-Javelin & Shield
- Damned Icon

5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)

-Javelin & Shield
- Damned Icon

Is the list to thin? I find Lord on Manticore to be hard to fit in to a 1000p list but this might work?

Archived