Jump to content
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
    3
  • comments
    9
  • views
    211

About this blog

This blog marks the first anniversary of returning to Warhammer after a five year break. I started playing WFB 2nd edition, but the games in the Age of Sigmar in the last year have been some of the most fun games I can remember in this hobby and I cannot wait to see what another year brings.

Entries in this blog

Penguinus

On Wednesday we had our first Skirmish campaign at work, which was great fun to get several small games in the same evening for a change.

Terrain seemed important so i looked around and put together this quick project that I did over three evenings - mainly to allow for drying between each stage. The work each evening was quite small.

Stage One

Looking around I finished off a bottle of sparkling water and that seemed the perfect base for a kiln/chimney for a small workshop building. With a few pieces of foam card I roughly formed the shell of the building and stuck some thin wood pieces over the joins to hide the connections. I then piled up filler around the base and let it set overnight, I forgot to take photos at this stage.

Stage Two

I cut up a box into small square to use as roof tiles and bricks on the chimney and stuck them all over the correct places to give some form. I used the box folds to create the gutter looking areas. Greenstuff was used to create the thicker brick stucture at the top and add some sticky out bricks.

BeastsAndBoats_10.jpg.b0e5f9588e893aecde1d921bb386aba3.jpgBeastsAndBoats_11.jpg.a674c55ff0d11c60baff5d13ee89634f.jpgBeastsAndBoats_12.jpg.8b51f0806cce807f2ec9925df009a3e0.jpg

Stage Three

Once dried and after a quick cheeky spray, to create a more realistic finish I rubbed astrogranite debris over the 'bricks' so that it collected in the gaps between the squares to get a mortar look. And sand and glue mix would probably of worked too. BeastsAndBoats_04.jpg.faadde2651b37844ca0cd815952fe683.jpgBeastsAndBoats_05.jpg.d8e54abec4e8a550e2e40860a545293d.jpg

Once that was dry - it was pretty fast i thin just splattered on some paint quick and built up some fast layers of drybrushed highlights. Gave that a few minutes to dry then started working washes over the model. the final touch was some flock and tufts...

 

BeastsAndBoats_14.jpg.2489dd5b3d3f52a09a0043cb75b0847f.jpgBeastsAndBoats_13.jpg.a5fb0f4cfef68e2876a7e2e1f32e3a3a.jpgBeastsAndBoats_16.jpg.a895e3ace6f8a3e51f6589bb49cc3d29.jpg

Final touches were a couple of random assets from the bits box. I hope that gives some ideas for quick and easy (and very cheap) terrain

 

BeastsAndBoats_15.jpg

Penguinus

Warpigs

My Beasts of Chaos army once was comprised of Beast Herds, Shaggoths and Chaos Ogres... but when the 7th Edition army book came out it removed those units from the army and so project warpig was started. I had a bunch of spare boar heads in my bits box at the time as the tuskgor chariots always came with alternate heads.

These pigs needed a leader and aside from the shield, i also built my first full greenstuff model for the doompig. Unfortunately i never ran them much so never finished them off fully.

With Age of Sigmar, i've ran them a few times and with devastating effect if they get into enemy lines. In honour of some of their most recent successes i've started to scratch build a piggy-mum (will count as a Ghorgon) to fill out the brood.

Pig-gors

blog2_warpig01.jpg.797c3806c8eb04801b9d4c114f3fd81d.jpgblog2_warpig02.jpg.30de9d3e3943049edb2f417701d95070.jpgblog2_warpig03.jpg.09f32c5cf83d58180e24b06809462370.jpgblog2_warpig04.jpg.0a26fecae8cdeacf01e08deb111a0ccf.jpgblog2_warpig05.jpg.80bac57de4c1ebb7fc0b92fb5ecf8fa5.jpgblog2_warpig07.jpg.2854afdd0215e6836a3ac4baac6126aa.jpgblog2_warpig08.jpg.a585612ae29edf8074e2164fd95245fc.jpg

Doompig

blog2_warpig06.jpg.63e68ace67affbabf51b982f2955c0ec.jpg

Ghor-pig

blog2_warpig09.jpg.3f2a4b0eb721035b80d330765d88f171.jpgblog2_warpig10.jpg.b4449e5ae4df76a0539b019b373344ec.jpgblog2_warpig11.jpg.84f0d9b18db3ff444093229d7417b4ac.jpg

Size Comparisons

blog2_warpig12.jpg.4fa323d492c238cbbdf1f9047d47656c.jpgblog2_warpig13.jpg.835c41bee12e20ae1dc5cf4fd5e2798f.jpg

Next hobby tasks for these:

So i'm rebasing all of these to rounds, i'm going to do some more conversion work on piggsy (the pig on the square base) to turn him into another standard bearer. I need to finish basing and painting the DoomPig and obviously there is still a lot of modelling to go to finish the mother pig off.

Her arms are going to have large bladed weapons bound on, i need to add a cloak to her too, buckles and detailing to the straps, additional armour plates and then i'll see what else needs adding after that.

Penguinus

Slowly but surely the switch from square to round bases continues. One of my favourite models still in the GW range is the Shaggoth, this metal version is probably heavier than my entire Kharadron force will be when complete. The harpy is a daemonette and tyranid gargoyle conversion.

591a4a454e97c_CameraRoll_Blog01_01.jpg.0fb64bf5bef6b8975dfc04281e6348d0.jpg

591a4a521969b_CameraRoll_Blog01_02.jpg.475390b618b4365e3fcf9e591ed45bae.jpg

As for the Kharadrons, i've been playing with colour and basing options and i've got to a point where i think i'm happy to start painting the rest of the force

591a4a577f06f_CameraRoll_Blog01_03.jpg.524feef12fe078de3163ca73e081716c.jpg

591a4a5cde534_CameraRoll_Blog01_04.jpg.853906096e05a5c3178ce5fb280a5435.jpg

591a4a62c5d1e_CameraRoll_Blog01_05.jpg.96fed939626c10f056c7596898111133.jpg

591a4a9a0c16d_CameraRoll_Blog01_06.jpg.239b62787648dfca338f18f03d94dda5.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
×