Flesh Eater summon abilities.

Karl

Curious as to how people will be playing these in games using comp. 

Now I may be missing something or being just plane stupid but I wanted to get some clarity. 

In for example SCGT, once a model is slain there is no way to raise it back unless the unit has a specific ability that allows it to bring back slain model. 

The Flesh Eater summon abilities effectively say roll 6 dice and on a roll of X add a model to a unit. 

Can I for example I have 6 crypt flayers and and Vargulf courtier. The crypt flayers are in combat and loose 2 models leaving them a unit of 4. In my hero phase I'll roll 6 dice for the Vargulfs ability and one of them is a 5+. Can I add one madel back to that unit of crypt flayers to bring the total model count up to 5 in the unit? Do I need to include the extra models I bring in in my summoning pool?

Alogies if this is an horrendously stupid answer ?

In SCGT rules that bring models back to life in existing units are allowed, subject to not being able to increase the size of the unit beyond its initial size, e.g. Necropolis Knights banner, Zombies and many of the Tomb King units. The new Courtier abilities are exactly the same. 

Summoning is quite distinct - compare this to the command abilities of the 3 Ghoul Kings which are summoning abilities - they create new units from your pool.

54 minutes ago, Nico said:

In SCGT rules that bring models back to life in existing units are allowed, subject to not being able to increase the size of the unit beyond its initial size, e.g. Necropolis Knights banner, Zombies and many of the Tomb King units. The new Courtier abilities are exactly the same. 

Summoning is quite distinct - compare this to the command abilities of the 3 Ghoul Kings which are summoning abilities - they create new units from your pool.

Lovely, this was my thinking but more elegantly put. Thanks ?

Archived