GH blood & glory

khsofsso

Question

Hi all. 

To get a major victory in this mission do you need to be holding all 4 objectives at the end of Battle Round 2 so that at start of Battle Round 3 you hold them. 

Situation came up in my game where at start of BR 3 I won Initative, I knew I could move on to every objective in one go. (Already had the 2 in my deployment zone and had two units of chameleon skinks ready to deploy on my opponents 2.)

if I take the BR does that mean I auto win before my opponent gets his turn of the BR. Or if I give my opponent the BR and then in my turn I do the ambush and win at start of BR 4. (In which case of should ambush in BR 2) 

Which way around does it work?

1 answer to this question

Under the Victory conditions it says to check for control of the objectives at the end of the turn. So from round 3 onward either player automatically wins at the end of either players turn if they have won control of all 4. 

In your example above if you still control all 4 objectives at the end of your turn 3 you would win before your opponent even gets to take their 3rd turn. But you must complete the turn which means any ongoing combats on an objective could still knock you off them if your opponent kills enough models.  But you can always try and retreat while staying on the objective. 

Archived