Celestant on Drac Mortal Wounds

mDaro

My Celestant on the Dracoth has a Lightening Hammer. On a roll of six it does 2 mortal wounds. If I give him the Hammer of Might from the Blessed Weapon list do the mortal wounds double to four if I roll a six to hit with it?

Hammer of Might is on Wound Rolls, not hit rolls.

Turning to the wider issue.

In my view, GW don't distinguish wounds and mortal wounds very strictly (less strictly than I thought originally), such that "Damage" encompasses both wounds and mortal wounds. Particular examples are the writer of the DoT book giving an example of where he would use Destiny Dice to change a "Damage roll" in relation to a spell.

Thus you could make a good argument that it would double the mortal wounds (if the wording covered it).

I should add that this is somewhat controversial. We'll see how this is dealt with in an FAQ. From our experience at the South London Legion in the time since the DoT book came out, using destiny dice for mortal wounds doesn't seem overpowered (because you get 1.5 sixes and 1.5 fives on average and often need to use the fives for things like casting rolls of 9 for Pink Fire). This is particularly the case when compared to self-healing Husktusks (Thundertusks).  

Archived