2000 Tzeentch Hosts Duplicitous

Stauderpower

Hey guys, so ive been playing with mostly mortal and arcanite units in my tzeentch army but I'm thinking of trying something a bit different. I wanted to go mostly demons and the best list with them is clearly the Hosts Dulpicitous due to the spell and the bonus to casting. So heres the list and ill explain the choices below.

Lord of Change

Baleful Sword

Magical Supremacy

Phantasmal Weapons

Lord of Change

Baleful Sword

Phantasmal Weapons

Lord of Change

Baleful Sword

Phantasmal Weapons

The Blue Scribes

Herald of Tzeentch

Ritual Dagger

The Changeling

10x Chaos Marauder

Full Command

Axes and Shields

Tzeentch

10x Pink Horrors

Full Command

10x Pink Horrors

Full Command

10x Blue Horrors

10x Blue Horrors

10x Blue Horrors

10x Brimstone Horrors

10x Brimstone Horrors

10x Brimstone Horrors

So all of the horror units and heroes are in the change host and the Lords of change are the Hosts Duplicitous. The marauders are by themselves but a 5+ save unit for 60 points is a good objective holder. The list is very shooty with all the horror units, and I've found massed blue and brimstone shooting can be effective at slowly whittling down units. The horrors also act as chaff units and as they die they can replenish the lesser horrors around them and block charges, etc. I've also got a LOT of bodies for objectives and the horrors probably wont even be targeted for several turns due to bigger threats. Finally the big issue I had with this list was fitting in some decent combat power, and honestly I think the lord of change is the best bet in this kind of list. So I decided to go with 3 of them :). The plan is for them to fly around together and try to engage a single unit at a time, which hopefully 3 of them can kill. The list also puts out a lot of mortal wounds with its spells. The big problem with Lords of change is that they can be alpha struck however with 3 of them I think you can still get them in to do some damage. Anyway just a crazy list idea and I wanted to maybe start a discussion or just get some feedback. Anyway let me know what you guys think

I used a choppier DoT list than this yesterday at the South London Legion vs David Silva's Khorne - practice game for London's Calling and SCGT (Battleplan 4 - Domination).

My concerns are the following:

There just isn't enough melee power to clear off enemy bodies if they aren't using an elite army like Stormcast.

I used a choppier DoT list yesterday at the South London Legion vs David Silva's Khorne - practice game for London's Calling and SCGT (Battleplan 4 - Domination). While the spell of the Gaunt Summoner is a partial answer - nuking big blocks - the units of 10 Blood Warriors just refused to die fast enough. 

A few cheeky unbinds and a couple of failed casts and I was in big trouble. The Ogroid did well (buffed with +1 attack and Infusion Arcanum), but it wasn't enough.

My other concern is Magical Supremacy - while on paper it sounds great - there are far too many armies at a tournament where this Trait is either wholly useless or marginal at best. The killer is pure Stormcast which might reasonably amount to 20% or so of your opponents, Destruction lists also don't worry about Magic (at most they will have Mystic Shield unless you're up against pure Bonesplitterz or an Arachnorok). 

Death lists can probably be safely ignored as 5% or less of opponents, but also aren't as reliant on magic as they were - FEC is the exception.

Sylvaneth and mirror match ups are probably the only times when this will really shine.

Archived