The Eternal Conflagration help

The Obsidian Lord

Greetings, I am in the process of helping my other half build a Tzeentch daemon army and she has fallen for The Eternal Conflagration (She likes fire lots of fire). But as I have not personally dealt with Chaos myself I am struggling to think and put together a semi-decent 2k points list for her, so I'd like to come to yourselves, heralds of Chaos, to help me in creating something that is enjoyable for her and hilarious to play with and against. I am hoping you can help in honor for this I shall make sure to slaughter some Stormcast Eternals for you ;)

There are two potentially decent options for a 2K list: 

1. Either take 6 Exalted Flamers plus the LoC as the Battalion; then add the Battleline units;
  2. Or take the Herald on Chariot as the general (200 points though); and take 2-3 chariots as Battleline.

Either way you'll feel almost naked from having such a tiny model count - 7 models for over 1000 points (which is worse when most of said models have 5+ saves). That said, the damage output from the Exalted Flamers/Chariots is very high, particularly against Multiple Small Units, since the rule for Capricious Warpflame means that each unit that takes damage from a particular Exalted Flamer has to roll and has a chance of taking a furthjer D3 mortal wounds.

You'll want to take a Gaunt Summoner or 2 to gain access to important Lore of Fate spells like Shield of Fate.  

To benefit fully from the Battalion's rules, this does require that the Battalion be interpreted as meaning the keyword Flamer/Flamers in the body of the text (i.e. the typo is forgetting to put the words in bold text), which seems likely - if they meant the unit "Flamers of Tzeentch", then they would have said so; and further why else would the Flamer keyword even exist (e.g. Exalted Flamers have the keyword "Flamer" and "Exalted Flamers"). This is how we've interpreted it for London's #Calling 2017:

The -1 to hit with shooting attacks in the shooting phase is quite significant - especially against Skyfires, who will lose that match up very quickly.

The LoC can chill in the corner (probably with the pew pew weapon).

I've had some luck playing this (still a lot of play testing to do). Basically you use your horrors as a meat wall and objective grabbers while you blast them with exalted flamers and mortal wounds from the Tzeentch spells.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Lord Of Change (300)
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)