Hello from Newcastle NSW

jamierk

Hello from Newcastle, Australia!

I was convinced early on to give 'the better round base game' a go and have been loving it ever since. Having played a reasonable number of 8th ed tourneys with a large painted high elf army and various other assorted armies, i've actually enjoyed getting into rebasing them. Rebasing is remarkably easy (once model is safely removed from old base anyway) and my old basing was so plain and boring. Since the grand alliance concept, i've been making all of my order armies (High Elves, Lizards, Stormcast) to realm of life bases, and i've been sourcing a big variety of flocks and foliage to add to mostly resin bases.

Unfortunately our Australian community has been VERY resistant to even giving AoS a go, but i'm hoping to change that in any small way that I can. I have organised a 1 day intro tourney using SCGT comp in Mailtand on 26th of June with details to be provided on the calendar. All are welcome and no need to rebase for this one.

Anyway, great to see a community giving this game a go. Funnily enough i think the lack of points has been good for those of us who have joined with the UK approach and I worry a little about things splintering again when points become a thing. So keep on playing games, rolling dice and having fun and i'm sure it'll all work out!

Cheers

Jamie

Archived