Shattered Dominion Bases

Luthor Huss

After a break from Warhammer, I recently picked up a copy of Silver Tower, as well as the General's Handbook, and decided that I'd like to build an army around the awesome Excelsior Warpriest model and my unpainted Stormcast Eternal and "Devoted of Sigmar" models.

Normally I simply glue sand to the bases and stick with a single color with dry brushing, as I don't like bases that are too busy or clash with the model.  However, I thought it would be cool to maybe use the Shattered Dominion bases, since I'd be playing Warhammer Quest as well.  The sculpts seem alright, but GW's painted examples are dreadfully gaudy.  I'm wondering if anyone else around here has used them, and how they turned out when not painted in screaming, bright colors.

I'm also wondering what colors to use.  My theme was going to be an anti-undead, anti-chaos, witch hunter style force (Like I did with my Empire/Stirlanders), but set in the AOS universe.  Some of the bases have liquid streams, and I'm wondering what would look good.  Perhaps streams of blood, or green ooze, eldritch purple, etc?

Those bases look awesome painted grey or khaki or something simple, the GW examples are just plain hideous :S

Check the january contract thread and/or the 1k thread, there were some in those, including my own (only used the rubble though, not the bases itself) 

Hope this helps :)

Archived