Help with 2.5k mostly FEC Army List

DecayOfSouls

Hello everyone,

Very new to AOS here, and I'd like some comments/ideas on a 2.5k list that I'm working on. I'd like to stick mostly with FEC, but I'm not completely opposed to adding a few non-FEC units if it makes sense (ex. Necromancer, Vampire Lord, etc).

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist         |     400pts
Abhorrant Ghoul King                                    |     100pts
Crypt Ghast Courtier                                       |      80pts
Varghulf Courtier                                            |      160pts
Necromancer                                                  |     120pts
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon    |   400pts

30 x Crypt Ghouls                                            |   300pts

6 x Crypt Horrors                                              |   280pts

As is, i have 60 points left over and I'm sitting at 2440 points.

Some thoughts I had:

Should I get rid of something to add more Crypt Horrors/a Crypt Haunter Courtier?

Do I need another Crypt Ghast Courtier, or will the one Crypt Ghast Courtier and the Varghulf be able to cover all 3 units of Ghouls?

I feel like this list looks a bit plain/cookie cutter, but I suppose there's not much choice for variety if I'm mostly sticking to FEC units.

Thanks!

You need four battleline units in 2.5k. With that extra 60 points, I would get 10 zombies for your 4th battleline. Zombies also make your necromancer a bit more survivable as they can take his wounds on a 4+. 

I would also drop 10 ghouls from a unit and run ghoul patrol. The threat of outflanking big units of ghouls that auto regen models scares the hell out of your opponent, and are great for grabbing objectives. 

Other than that ya, it's a bit cookie cutter, but it looks pretty good. Keep you GK on foot and your Varghulf in the middle behind your horrors, have your necromancer nearby to buff your horrors, fly your GK's up to give support to your outflanking ghouls.

Hi LeGinger, thank you for your feedback. Question on something I'm not clear on. In order to use the Ghoul Patrol, do I need to declare my army allegiance as FEC rather than Death allegiance? That would mean that I wouldn't get the extra save for Deathless Minions? 

What Elgard said. Presently there really is no reason to take FEC allegiance any way, as the only benefit is to have Horrors as battleline if you take a Haunter as your general (don't do this lol). Just go straight Death and use their abilities and artifacts. I personally like to take Ruler of the Night on my GKoTG general, as the 5+ death save is awesome, especially when stacked with his Unholy Vitality spell which would give him a 4+/5+/5+ and makes him incredibly tough to kill. I like to use the Cloak of Shadows on him. The ability to teleport across the board or get out of combat is awesome. Last night I used it to teleport across the board to attack Durthu after Durthru rolled a 1 on mystical. I killed Durthru in 1 round:) another really good trait to use in Red Fury, as it is almost guaranteed to go off and makes your general an absolute monster, but, overall rulernof the night is probably better as our army is built around our durability. Improving that can be the difference on holding objectives and winning games. 

Here is my list that I run: I swap the Mourngul for another GKoTG when I need more mortal wounds (Sylventh), and keep the Mourngul against high Rend/mortal wound armies ( Stormcast)

········Alliegance [*Death*]

Crypt Ghast Courtier (80pts) 

Necromancer (120pts) 

Varghulf Courtier (160pts)

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist - General - Ruler of the Night, Cloak of Shadows (400pts) 

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon - Cloak of Shadows(400pts) 

Mourngul (400pts)

20xCrypt Ghouls (200pts)

20xCrypt Ghouls (200pts)

10xCrypt Ghouls (100pts)

10xZombies (60pts)

6xCrypt Horrors (280pts)

Battalion: Ghoul Patrol (100pts)

Archived