have to start paying to get points values of new releases

Bimli

19 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

They are two different ways to deliver similar content.

Two different products. 

Whereas I see it as two different ways to access the same content I've already purchased.  Paying double for the convenience of being able to use it on my phone is rather extreme, especially considering, as I've said, that other publishers don't seem to have a problem with it.

When I buy a DVD nowadays, it also provides me the ability to access a digital copy of the movie for free (often with enhanced features usable only on a device).  So I'll have to just agree to disagree with the way we see it differently.

8 minutes ago, HeadHunter said:

When I buy a DVD nowadays, it also provides me the ability to access a digital copy of the movie for free (often with enhanced features usable only on a device).  So I'll have to just agree to disagree with the way we see it differently.

In my experience, the digital copies typically come in the DVD/Blu-Ray/digital combo packs (or maybe this is just because these days most of the movie purchases I make are Disney for my 4- and 7-year-old kids). So there is an incremental increase in cost over getting just the DVD or just the Blu-Ray, but it's not double (or triple, in this case) the base cost.

I would love to see a physical book at, say $30. The digital would be, say, $20. And the physical book with digital access for, say, $40. That way you can pick and choose which way you want it. Either single medium would be the least expensive way to go, but you would be able to get both for a moderate discount.

See, that would be perfect.  I'd gladly pay a little more for a print copy plus digital access.  The real issue is buying it again at full price.  I've done it before, but every time I have to spend $20 for a digital copy of a book I spent $20 on already, that's $20 I can't spend on more models. :)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, SuperHappyTime said:

As a Pens fan, I'm still relishing in our successful campaign last year :D.

And I had to see Kessel hoist the Stanley Cup. :P 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, Superpotts said:

The thing is not everyone wants a code with their book. Those people will then feel like they're paying extra to cover the app costs for other people.

There could be a bundle deal instead where you pay 50% of the price of the app unlock when bought with the book. That would be a fair compromise.

Why would the price have to be higher? Lots of companies do this. Then again, GW Being the "Evil Empire" it seems GW is going back to GW of old.  GW trying to charge us for the very air we breath if we are in their stores? That is a poor move especially since they are doing all the good. It's bad enough they are raising prices now with just repackaging. GW is showing their true colours.

I did call Customer Support over this. I was nice and the other guy on the line was pleasant as well. He basically told me that it's two entities or two different "companies" and that is why we can't have codes because they don't work together but separately. I asked him if he can pass it along as a customer, I see other companies who do this and would like this as well for GW products. He said he would pass it along. Will anything come of it? Doubt it but you never know.

12 minutes ago, Davor said:

Why would the price have to be higher? Lots of companies do this. Then again, GW Being the "Evil Empire" it seems GW is going back to GW of old.  GW trying to charge us for the very air we breath if we are in their stores? That is a poor move especially since they are doing all the good. It's bad enough they are raising prices now with just repackaging. GW is showing their true colours.

I expect GW is anticipating the secondary market where the same fine folks who buy up stuff on preorder for direct-to-eBay profiteering will purchase the books, use the codes, and resell immediately. So I personally am all for a moderate extra cost. 

5 hours ago, rokapoke said:

I expect GW is anticipating the secondary market where the same fine folks who buy up stuff on preorder for direct-to-eBay profiteering will purchase the books, use the codes, and resell immediately. 

You don't seriously think GW ever did anything deliberately to discourage scalpers, do you?  They honestly have no reason to care about the secondary market - once they get their money, it doesn't matter where the product goes.

7 hours ago, rokapoke said:

I expect GW is anticipating the secondary market where the same fine folks who buy up stuff on preorder for direct-to-eBay profiteering will purchase the books, use the codes, and resell immediately. So I personally am all for a moderate extra cost. 

While I may not agree, I respect your opinion, and understand now where you are coming from. Thanks for your explanation, I never considered this before. I can see why now you think like that. Maybe I am selfish or maybe because I see other companies do it, that is why my opinion is different. Not saying you are wrong at all.

Archived