Help me building some Death Lists and some rule questions

Alexxk

Hi!

To have some variation from painting my sylvaneth I started a death grand aliance army. It would be really nice if you could help me building some Lists (1k Points and 2k points).

What I have so far:

10 Skeleton Swords

40 Skeletons Spears

Necromancer

Wight King

Morghast Archai (Weapons are magnetized so I can swap them to harbringers)

For Christmas I'm getting a SC: Skeleton Horde box, please help me deciding how to build the riders!

The Skeletons will get swords so I have 3 Battlelines, and the Mortarch will get magneized.

I also ordered a Valkia the bloody to use as a vampire lord (realized that the VL is much better than the wight king after buing him :/)

And a Mourngul :D (Small rules Question:|, does he heal d3 wounds if he killed atleast one model or PER model? Forgeworld warscrolls have a different wording and i'm unsure about it because english is my second language)

What list would you recommend? For 1k I guess I wont use the mourngul because I dont want to be that guy. I also want to stay away from Mourngul Neferata Combo in the beginning.

I kinda like the Idea of using Arkhan because he has 2 spells and is quite cheap pointwise. Also I think using the VL as General is nice because I can give him a command trait and artifact. With Manfred and Neferata are only worth their points if they are generals i guess. I know that a VLoZD would be nice....maybe when I'm finished with painting everything.

Ther comes the next question :|: The red fury command trait: Does inflicting a wound mean passing the wound roll, or does it only count if the enemy fails on the save roll?

I'm open to add a unit of spirit hosts to my collection to fill out the points, I really like the models.

Are Necropolis Knights worth it without other tomb king support? Setra etc. I know someone who would maybe sell me a unit.

Thank you for your input!

Hi and welcome:)

Saved wounds do not count for anything

Necropolis knights are good and their price has gone up after GW left them. Buy if you can while you can

Magnetizing mortarchs is a good idea. 

I always rate Ruler of the Night trait better than any in the game save perhaps Settra's trait. So always a generic char becomes a general. I tried Mannfred amd liked it. 

I like Vampire Lord on Zombi Dragon as a powerful support and hard hitting tough character very hard to die as i told on this forum many times before. Normal VL is very expensive for me fpr what he does. Although VLoZD is much expensive in points compared to generic VL, i find VLoZD much more useful for the army. 

And finally if you bought all that skeletons a little support in the form of Lich priest would not hurt. As i said before try necropolis knights they are rock solid. Imo you can always proxy your models and decide to buy them only after see them on action if they are suitable to your playstyle or not.

Hope that my two cents on the subject would be helpful to you.

Archived