Bat swarms

Sej

Really effective against shooty armies and quite difficult to shift in combat.

If only they protected nearby units rather than projecting a too small debuff aura. I think they're hopeless as your opponent can walk backwards out of the aura and then shoot - meanwhile being Death, you're probably advancing on him anyway and will still be in range.

On 3.11.2016 at 0:06 PM, Nico said:

If only they protected nearby units rather than projecting a too small debuff aura. I think they're hopeless as your opponent can walk backwards out of the aura and then shoot - meanwhile being Death, you're probably advancing on him anyway and will still be in range.

I've had different experiences with that. There are some shooting units that can't shoot that much further than 18" plus the enemy has got a table edge.  With a 12" move + run the enemy will probably get 1 round of shooting at you before your bats are in range of his shooting units who can't backup further than his table edge.

It's hard to protect them yes but they have 2x5 hitpoints for 80 points so the best case scenario is the enemy starts to shoot at your trash unit instead of your more valuable units.

I like to keep them close to my zombie dragon who gives them the 5+ save bubble.

Even if the enemy has 0 shooting you can still plop them onto an objective or run them into a weak unit to tie them up, especially against trash units without saves they work well with the regen.

I almost always run a unit of them in my army.

I think that support or chaff unite are good for summoning. If you have spare 120 or 160 points. You can summon roadblockers, objective holders or buffers or debuffers as the need arise. In tournament games we usually do not know if our opponent will have a shooty army or khorne combatters, or 2++ save sylvaneth, so we can summon batswarm, direwolves or spirit hosts

Archived