first tournament

Salathon

so have signed up for my first tournament 2000pts, and to be honest am not sure how the list will go. I have no real plans on going to win, just a bit of fun and a couple pints. the list is as follows just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make it better. if my bits bag turns up in time then I may have 6 jezzails built to swap over.

Gaunt summoner (so I can have chaos spawns running around)

Skreech vermin kin (mainly because I brought it and want to use it... tho will be magnatised so can be any of the vermin lords)

2x10 chaos warriors (die in 1 or 2 turn like they usually do)

10 clan rats

2x5 chaos knights (hold objectives)

warp lightning cannon

2 gore beast chariots

1 gore beast charriot

1 rattling gun

1 warp fire thrower

comes to a toatal 1960 points. any suggestions would be good. cheers

So the Battleline are the Warriors (who are quite favourably priced) and the Clanrats, so that's cool.

The biggest change I would suggest is on the Verminlord. Skreech is all about his aura buff command ability, so I would go for one of the others. Either the Deceiver, who is a freestanding beatstick (and fully paid up member of the -3 rend club) who can teleport around to kill heroes, artillery and frankly anything or The Warpseer who has a nifty spell (I think he can cast two as well) and a super grenade.

I think you have more than enough units for grabbing objectives so I would run the Knights as a single unit, which can then hit moderately hard (against a block of enemy troops) and will be very hard to take off the table.

I would take Lord of War as Command Trait unless you are against Order in which case take Dark Avenger. If you are up against Bonesplitterz, then maybe take Cunning Deceiver. Either take the Crown of Conquest or the Chaos Runeblade on the Verminlord (another reason not to take Skreech, since he cannot take an artefact as a named character).

I take it you mean the Gaunt Summoner and his familiars right? His spell is ridonkulous! Will delete half of a block of troops. However, he's a glass cannon.

If you can bring in the Jezzails (perhaps in place of the chariots), Lord of War on them is huge - 2 mortal wounds on 5+ to hit!

It will be a fun list. Be lucky!

sorry, I was thinking of a tzeentch sorcerers rules not the gaunt summoner, but wil be going with the summoner in the list.

I was going to use the knights for objectives as in every game iv used them either as a big unit or 2 smaller ones they do little more then die. I do have very bad luck when it comes to rolling tho, so that could explain it.  I was thinking of swapping them out for rat ogres.

I like the idea of going with a deciver, having something that can kill with -3 rend is actually a good idea.

the traits must be picked when lists are submitted for all games or you can opt to roll each game. I like the idea of just rolling for the fun side of it. but might just choose. I feel there will be a lot of storm cast and sylvaneth. so lord of war would be a good option

the jezzails will be only if the parts turn up in time for me to build them. have 2 weeks to submit my list.

option 2 is a glorious ratty mix. tho I will need to by and paint a lot of rat ogres and some storm fiends

2k list
Vermin Lord Deceiver
Pack master
Pack master
Plague Priest
Clan Rats (10)
Clan Rats (10)
Clan Rats (10)
Rat Ogres (6)
Rat Ogres (6)
Warplock Jezzails (3)
Warplock Jezzails (3)
Storm Fiends (3)

comes to a total of 1930pts so could add another pack master or some giant rats. but with the warlord trait (+1 to hit), pack masters and wither spell it could do a lot of damage on the charge. I like the idea of running the fiends with doom flayer gauntlets but the rattling guns would probably be better.
thoughts?

Archived