Stormcast 2v2 2k

Dracothjay

Hi guys, got a game coming this Tuesday and I want to pick your brains. It's a 2v2, but when all 4 of us arrive we roll a dice. 2 highest rolls join a team and the others merge as a team. I could be coupled with either sylvaneth, empire/high elves or chaos. I've written a hammer list, but just thought I'd run it up on here so you all can analyse. It's going to be a slaughter so hard hitting hammers seems apt. The list is:

lord celestant on dracoth

(general with +1 attack or reroll failed charge ability and -2 rend  artefact)

knight Vexillor 

Lord castellant

5 judciators 

5 judciators

10 liberators

10 retributors

4 fulminators

1 gryph hound.

so, the idea of this list is I have a very fast hammer unit (fulminators) and I plan on running the LCoD with these guys for extra punch. My 2nd hammer unit that's even faster is my retributors coupled with the teleport banner. 

As a fall back plan I have 10 liberators backed by 2 x 5 judciators. With them will be the castellant and gryph throwing his 1+ save onto the libs if the enemy breach my lines. But, before my rets teleport they will be receiving the +1 save for good measure as they will be stranded.

my plan is to target my opponents strongest units/monsters, which will be dictated by whatever army is opposite me lol. Hopefully the rets and fulminators will smash them apart and render my opponents army weak. I then plan to reinforce with my reserved force. Bearing in mind we have not rolled for a scenario until the night of the match so my game plan might change, but keep the same list.

I have thought of dropping my dracoth celestant for the celestant on foot and lord relictor/knight venator. I always use celestant on foot, but as the LCoD hits harder I wrote him into the list.

what are your views people?

Archived