Baby Stormcast First list

Colzerino

So I don't even know if I have managed to write a legal list. Let alone if I have got one thats any good. Looking for something that I can take to a tournament and maybne win a couple of games. Enjoying painting models. I have found it tricky because it seems like the rules are spread amongst many sources. But i wanna play dragons.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Stormhost: Hallowed Knights

Triumph: Bloodthirsty

Grand Strategy: Tame The Land

Leaders:

Karazai (550) - General *

Gardus Steel Soul (170)*

Battleline:

Stormdrake guard (340)*

Stormdrake Guard (340)*

Stormdrake Guard (340)*

Units:

Evocators on Celestial Dracolines (240)*

Battle regiment*

1980/2000

1 drop

I mean. I should probably swap the Evocators for a couple more heroes? For Galatian Champs and to stick artefacts on...? But I wanna paint the cool dragon panthers... Gardus Seems like hes the best buff unit we have avail to us...? Cant easily build one better, right? Help tho! I dont understand the rules and havent played a game yet!

This is absolutely a legal list, although you haven't picked a Holy Command. Stormcast Eternals get one for free just for being Stormcast Eternals. The only one that really works with your army is Steadfast March, which once a game lets a unit run and then still charge. It's quite good with fast units like you have.

Gardus's buff is very powerful, but you might struggle to take advantage of it because the rest of your army has quite large bases and 12" movement, so keeping them wholly within 12" of him might be hard. If you have time and other models to experiment with, give it a go and see how it feels.

The units you've chosen are generally just quite strong, Stormdrake Guard in particular can be pretty powerful, but as you noted you're missing Galletian Champions which (at least in this current season) will limit scoring opportunities - your gameplan will usually be to kill as much as you can quickly so you can grab objectives freely late game.

It's not typical to take a list with no non-unique heroes, because you do get a free command trait and a free artefact and it's a shame to waste that - I can see keeping Karazai as your general to make your Stormdrake Guard battleline but I would suggest seeing if you can squeeze an unnamed hero in there. If you find Gardus is difficult to keep up with the rest of your army, you could drop him for a non-unique hero to at least hold an artefact (arcane tome is very good, and on a fast hero like the Knight Azyros or Knight Zephyros they can score, act as a galletian champion, and be in the right place for buffs).

16 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

This is absolutely a legal list, although you haven't picked a Holy Command. Stormcast Eternals get one for free just for being Stormcast Eternals. The only one that really works with your army is Steadfast March, which once a game lets a unit run and then still charge. It's quite good with fast units like you have.

Gardus's buff is very powerful, but you might struggle to take advantage of it because the rest of your army has quite large bases and 12" movement, so keeping them wholly within 12" of him might be hard. If you have time and other models to experiment with, give it a go and see how it feels.

The units you've chosen are generally just quite strong, Stormdrake Guard in particular can be pretty powerful, but as you noted you're missing Galletian Champions which (at least in this current season) will limit scoring opportunities - your gameplan will usually be to kill as much as you can quickly so you can grab objectives freely late game.

It's not typical to take a list with no non-unique heroes, because you do get a free command trait and a free artefact and it's a shame to waste that - I can see keeping Karazai as your general to make your Stormdrake Guard battleline but I would suggest seeing if you can squeeze an unnamed hero in there. If you find Gardus is difficult to keep up with the rest of your army, you could drop him for a non-unique hero to at least hold an artefact (arcane tome is very good, and on a fast hero like the Knight Azyros or Knight Zephyros they can score, act as a galletian champion, and be in the right place for buffs).

Thanks. This is all very helpful. Building and painting and mulling. If I swap Gardus for an Azyros I can squeeze in a unit of Aetherwings or a cheap allied champion maybe...