I found that the recent debate about new Season 5 inspiration ruling was pretty important for the game... Players, what is your opinion about it ?

WathLab

A really important and interesting subject imho.

I'll try to summarize what's at stakes below, because I think that it's important for players to be aware of it (also note that there was also this nice discussions on reddit here) :

The new rule simply removed inspiration during end phase and defined 2 windows during the action phase as the only moments when fighters become inspired :

- during what's called now the activation step

- during the power step

Now all the warbands that used to inspire during end phase (like Vampires, Farstriders, Ghouls, etc. a dozen total) or at the beginning of the round (like Soulraid), if they meet their inspiration condition in the end of a given round, will have to delay it until after the next activation to become inspired.

Many players suggested that the 'But my card says' rule may work here, but sadly it doesn't work because in that case the fighter cards only say when the condition is met. While the general rules say when the inspiration becomes effective from that point.

In Direchasm the rule was : "When the Inspire condition on a fighter’s card is met, that fighter becomes Inspired immediately, with the following exceptions etc. etc."

While now in Harrowdeep, this sentence has been removed and replaced by another which states that the only moment one can inspire is during the action phase, in the 2 new windows mentionned above.

Only exceptions are Profiteers (with Thundrik's Promotion rule), Blade Coven (with Morgwaeth's Blood Sacrement rule) and Madmob, which are completely different things and don't follow the normal Inspiration rule.

Note : I think that I'll give GW some feedback about this question at some point (probably when I will have a few more S5 games under my belt). In any case, if someone wants to do it too, use the following mail address : whunderworlds@gwplc.com

Edited by WathLab

• 1 month later...

I don't play competitively and stopped buying core sets at Beastgrave... maybe its because its 4:30 am where I am but this has confused me. Why does it matter when someone inspires? What has happened or been taken advantage of that brought this change about?

• 3 weeks later...

Forget about it everyone !

Problem fixed !

The weird inspiration step rule has been errated ! Now we also have the 2 missing steps :

"INSPIRE STEPS
In addition to the Inspire steps listed in the Harrowdeep
rulebook, there is one Inspire step at the start of the
action phase (Elathain’s Soulraid and Morgwaeth’s
Blade Coven use this Inspire step) and one Inspire step
at the end of the action phase (the Chosen Axes, the
Farstriders, Skaeth’s Wild Hunt, the Grymwatch and the
Crimson Court use this Inspire step)."

That's really cool and was much needed imho.
See link below :

🔥

Edited by WathLab
  • Like 1