New to AOS - dreaming about first 2k army...!

knifeyspooney

Hey guys,

Just jumped into AOS and I'm really digging the fluff, imagery, etc - I was initially put off by the release, but as the universe has been fleshed out and with the release of the General's Handbook, I'm in.

I've picked up the Stormcasts - starting reasonably small so far, but there's a (big) tournament early next year and I figure, that's something to work towards. My only thing is, I 100% want to play a list including a Stardrake. People seem to prefer to play Stormcasts with one of the teleporty batallions, and I'll defintely play some games with those too, but in all the years I played fantasy I never painted a dragon and so, now it is time.

I've come up with two lists, and I'd be keen to get feedback on them. But I'm also open to suggestions! Both are defensive - I want to pewpew at my opponent, make them come to me and then send in the dragon to smash their units. 

List 1:

Lord Celestant on Stardrake
Lord Castellant
Lord Relictor
Lord Relictor
Celestant Prime

3x Judicators (bows)
3x Prosectors with Hammers / Liberator (or combination thereof)

List 2:

Lord Celestant on Stardrake
Drakesworn Templar
Lord Castellant
Lord Relictor
Lord Relictor

3x Judicators (bows)
2x Prosecutor with Javelins (can downgrade LSOS to Drakesworn and take either an extra prosecutor squad with hammers or a squad of liberators). 

Both lists would look badass on the table. List one looks like it might be the stronger of the two, given that the prime can bust open really heavy things that the Stardrake will struggle with... on the other hand, two drakes can rain down a /lot/ of stars. 

Thanks!

I like your ideas and your enthusiasm with stormcast, but my experiences if your looking to smash things to oblivion is look at other units than the stardrake. I know you want him in the list, but there's a lot more stuff in our army that's cheaper and in my opinion a lot more lethal. Celestant-prime for example.

problem with the LCoSD is that he is an extremis Lord, therefore making him better with some selection of units from that chamber. He is good, don't get me wrong, but use him for his abilities, not for his killyness. 

Archived