Hello dear people

Igormortis

Dear Reader(s),

I am new here.
started in the 70's by collecting and painting airfix soldiers and modelkits, later on tamiya etc.

In 1984 I was introduced to the world of warhammer and AD&D, then the journey into fantasy models took off.

I don't play, I try to collect and paint models from different companies.

The painting is something I really struggle with a lot. And I hope that I will be able to learn how to improve here, and enjoy painting again.

Because everything I try seems to go wrong, or really costs me a lot of trouble, which destroys the fun, and in the end I am still not happy with the results to say the least.

I always tend to do things wrong. I have watched and read so many tutorials and tried them but it never works for me.
I also really don't understand color theory and the like.

I don't know how to properly paint a base color, shade and highlight. I always tend to overdo it or mess things up. my brains got screwed up due to an overdose of antidepressants and antipsychotics. so I don't understand things properly.

all in all it's a bit of a mess and has made me depressed on the verge of tears often. so I will probably ask a lot of questions.

Anyway, I hope I will enjoy my stay at this forum, I hope it will be a pleasant journey for all of us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...