New StD player questions

SoSoCho

So I just started an StD army and have a few questions.

1) Is it correctly understood that if I add a "bloodsecrator" and give my units mark of khorne he will buff them all ? 

2) If I add other khorne allies will they get buffed to by the generals chaos aura ? ( my general is Archaon)

3) The Daemon Prince has the "immortal champion" ability. Does this mean he will attack first in combat phase and then I get another hit after ? So I get 2x unit attack before my opponent ? (Just like the fyreslayers)

4) i was thinking of makint this army:

Archaon (general)

Chaos sorc on manticore

Lord on karadrak

Daemon prince

Bloodsecrator (ally)

15x chaos warriors

2x5 chaos knight

Warshrine

Does that look viable or is it trash ?

Best regards

4 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

4) i was thinking of makint this army:

Archaon (general)

Chaos sorc on manticore

Lord on karadrak

Daemon prince

Bloodsecrator (ally)

15x chaos warriors

2x5 chaos knight

Warshrine

Does that look viable or is it trash ?

Best regards

Looks like a great start to an army, but need a bit more, like, what sub-allegiance?  If you have a ton of marauders/marauder horsemen/warcry factions, you could run Ravagers...if not, I’d recommend Despoilers as with the DP as your General you’ll get extra FNP, Heals, a general trait to love d3 units 5” before game starts, and monsters can heal too aka Archaon.

fyi even though you take the mark of Khorne on Archaon, when you buff him with the Warshrine, archaon gets both primary and secondary buff from all the mark buffs.  Aka, you give him the Nurgle buff, he will get RR wound attacks and gets +1 save 

Ah ty :)

regarding the daemon prince. I did not mean that he (daemon P) gets to attack twice. In the combat phase he gets to attack first (only fights one time) and then I can pick another unit after that ? (So I get to attack with 2 different units before my opponent? ). Its just I think I saw it played like that by MWG at youtube. 

9 hours ago, Midjithero said:

fyi even though you take the mark of Khorne on Archaon, when you buff him with the Warshrine, archaon gets both primary and secondary buff from all the mark buffs.  Aka, you give him the Nurgle buff, he will get RR wound attacks and gets +1 save 

So Archeon gets buff from everything ? So the rr wound attack, + 1save, reroll 1 to hit + 1 to wound etc. ? Or only the primary and secondary from 1 faction ? 

10 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

Ah ty :)

regarding the daemon prince. I did not mean that he (daemon P) gets to attack twice. In the combat phase he gets to attack first (only fights one time) and then I can pick another unit after that ? (So I get to attack with 2 different units before my opponent? ). Its just I think I saw it played like that by MWG at youtube. 

Correct, he gets to fight first, in the “Start of the Combat Phase” phase.
If it’s your turn, at the Start of the Combat Phase, the DP will attack.  Then it would be your turn to select a model to attack.  If you have a Chaos Lord nearby, you could technically spend a cp to make him fight again.

if it’s your opponents turn, your DP would attack, then your opponent would select a unit to attack.

Lastly, to answer the Archaon question... he would benefit from both the primary and secondary ability of whichever buff the Warshrine casts.  The Warshrine rolls a 3+, and then gets to select a buff to place on a targeted unit.  Since Archaon has all of the god keywords, he benefits from both parts of the buff ability.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, Midjithero said:

Of course!

Also you would not recommend Archaon as my general ? I was thinking of going as "Host of the everchosen" as legion to get the 18" aura and the no battlechock.  I know my army doesnt have varanguard so would it be an awfull choice for me to pick the "host..." legion  with my current army setup ?

Best regards

18 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

Also you would not recommend Archaon as my general ? I was thinking of going as "Host of the everchosen" as legion to get the 18" aura and the no battlechock.  I know my army doesnt have varanguard so would it be an awfull choice for me to pick the "host..." legion  with my current army setup ?

Best regards

I find HoE as a great option.  You get the battleshock immunity on the entire battlefield as long as the big guy is alive, Will if the Everchosen (RR hits/wounds of 1) picks an enemy unit and everyone who attacks them gets the rerolls and it’s anywhere in the battlefield again...and Dark Prophecy is just a mind f**k ability against your opponent...I love HoE!  
if you do run HoE and Archaon is the a General (which he should be), you can’t select a general trait and there are no artifacts...however, you can still use Malign Sorcery...so pop an Ethereal Amulet on that Deamon Prince so he’s always saving on 3+!!