Can Gutter Runners use Infiltrate (Reserve) in ME RearGuard turn

jartem

Question

Hi would like to clarify if the ME rules for reserve units coming into play allow Gutter Runners to come in when it is placed as RearGuard unit?

My initial take was yes, coz the text says at the end of your first movement phase. E.g in book states “If at the start of your first TURN,.....”

Help! Lol.

AC064E64-FA63-474F-B672-225826832EE3.png

8CEBEF0A-C067-46E4-87B8-EC19ECDBC073.png

2 answers to this question

The "e.g." there is just an example of the kind of timing that would prevent such a unit from being placed in reserve. It's not the only case.

If the Gutter Runners' contingent isn't already on the battlefield by the end of your first movement phase (e.g. if their contingent's arrival is Turn 1 or Turn 2 rather than Start), then they can't use Sneaky Infiltrators. Instead, they would have to be set up at the same time and in the same deployment area as the rest of that contingent's units.

If you want your Gutter Runners to use Sneaky Infiltrators, they will need to be part of the contingent that is deployed at the Start of the battle (the Spearhead, or sometimes the Main Body - check the battleplan). When you deploy that contingent, you can deploy the Gutter Runners into reserve.