Is this list any good?

Don Raccoon

Less than a year of playing Sigmar and very new to idea of Stormcast (been playing Trees or Tzeentch mainly). Between models I have and the new battleforce, I was thinking:

Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger

Knight Incantor

5 Sequitors

5 Sequitors

5 Sequitors

5 Evocators

5 Evocators

3 Evocators on Dracolines

3 Evocators on Dracolines

3 Raptors with Longstrikes

Not looking to win tournaments, but don't want to just be swept away by my opponents. All feedback appreciated.

Your list is, close to good, but has a few issues.  However, it would be very easy to fix that with the simple change of combining some of your groups.

3x5 sequitors is fine as a battleline, however in my experience they don't have any great benefit over liberators when they are in small quantities like that.  If sequitors are what you have, then sure, go for them, but I would personally either run a block of 10 or 20, and then fill the rest of my battleline with either liberators or (better) judicators.  That being said, I'm still running 3x5 sequitors myself because I can't be bothered to paint up more battleline.

2x5 evocators is just straight worse than 1x10 evocators.  Evocators are very killy, however a 4+ save gets to be kinda thin against many armies these days.  With 2 groups of 5, you can disperse them more, but if they go into combat at the same time then your opponent can hit the unit that didn't attack first and reduce their ability to kill whatever they touched.  A group of 10 though is harder to get all into combat, but in exchange gives you 20 dice to roll for their jazz hands (av. 10 mortal wounds) and allows you to unleash everything in one go, reducing your opponents ability to strike back.

2x3 Evokitties is... fine.  However, I find that units of 3 of them often don't quite get the job done, while a unit of 6 of them will consistently wipe out whatever they hit.  Note, they really, really love having a knight-heralder with them (something to consider).  If you want to buff them further, I would HIGHLY recommend getting a Lord-Arcanum of Celestial Dracoline instead of the one of the Gryph Charger (if you use the Astria model though, I recommend painting it in pieces before putting it together).  Pride leader allowing the kitties to hit on 2+ is brutal, and the command ability to give all kitties within 18" an extra attack can also be awesome.

3 Raptors with longstrike.  Longstrikes are good.  A block of 3 of them though is too small to really make a difference.   They really need to be in a block of at least 6, preferably 9, and also be used with Anvils to allow them to shoot twice in a turn if you want them to significantly impact the game.  If you are only going to use 3, then hurricane crossbows are probably better as you can drop them from the sky and unload with 27 shots with a group of only 3 of them, rather than getting only 3 shots per turn.

If you want to use what you currently have without buying more models, then I would run the following:

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph Charger
Knight-Incantor
5 Sequitors
5 Sequitors
5 Sequitors
10 Evocators
6 Evocators on Celestial Dracolines
3 Vanguard Raptors with hurricane crossbows
1 Command point

If you are willing to buy a few more models, but keep the same general idea I would look to go with something like this:

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline
Knight-Incantor
Knight-Heralder
5 Sequitors
5 Sequitors
5 Sequitors
10 Evocators
6 Evocators on Celestial Dracoline
Everblaze Comet

Note that this list is adding the Knight-Heraldor and Everblaze Comet instead of vanguard-raptors, and swaps the Lord-Arcanum out for a different one.  If you really don't want to swap the arcanums, you don't have to, but in my opinion the one on the celestial dracoline is just straight better.

Neither of these lists is going to be super competitive.  However, either should be good enough to win a games about half the time.  Personally, I run a list very similar to the second one, but I run drop the incantor, evocators and everblaze for either Ordinator + 3 ballistas, or Relictor + 9x Longstrikes.  This list has been fairly decent at winning me matches against most opponents, but still isn't a super competitive list.

Edited by readercolin
  • Thanks 1