1000pt Tzeentch Daemons

KhaosZand3r

Realized that thanks to the special rule with Burning Chariots, I can actually run a full Tzeentch army at 1000pts with what I have. And if I had another one I could make an entirely flying army!

HoT on Burning Chariot (general) 200
[Actually one on a disc with 2 Screamers, close enough]
Burning Chariot (battleline) 160(?)
10x Pink Horrors (battleline) 140
3x Flamers 200
3x Screamers 140
Tzeentch Daemon Prince (flying), Exalted Flamer, or HoT 160/120

Going off of memory so not sure all of those points are right since I left my GHB at work.

21 hours ago, james.speller said:

Points values are all correct.

I like the Daemon prince for some combat punch that the rest of the army lacks. Is that why you went with a prince instead of a lord of change?

Prince is mainly just cheaper.

Also, in regards to healing enemies, in my experience so far it doesn't do that nearly as much as it did in 8th. And yeah, Pink Horrors would keep the other units on the board and I have to have 2 battleline units.  They also have a decent ranged attack now. This is mainly a proof of concept for the Tzeentch daemons I have (about 1500/10000 points of chaos stuff)

I've been playing tzeentch daemons in 1000pt games quite a bit recently. I find that if anything has 3+ saves or better it takes a lot of attacks to bring them down. Only one use of arcane bolt and 9 casting values of the heralds abilities. No rend apart from daemon prince.

Maybe i'm being negative as i've played durthu a lot and hasn't gone well. I really hope they bring out something to fix the magic for tzeentch

11 hours ago, matthaus said:

Maybe i'm being negative as i've played durthu a lot and hasn't gone well. I really hope they bring out something to fix the magic for tzeentch

In the past the biggest problem with Tzeentch magic has been that it is focused around direct damage and not really on buffs. I really hope there's a buff spell to either help flamers hit more, or to give them rend.

Maybe try dropping the flamers and the screamers and replace them with a marked soul grinder. He's not great at shooting, and tzeentch doesn't get the benefit of command abilities with him, but he's a very damaging monster with rend.

The flamers and chariots are devastating in a 1k game, since there isn't too much that can catch up to them.  I'd recommend a Lord of Change for dealing with heavily armored units.  His warscroll spell is disgusting; you'll be averaging 5-7 mortal wounds from that each hero phase if you keep him safe with pink horror meat shields.  

Anything scary on the enemy team is usually peppered to oblivion 1st turn by flamers and the infernal gateway spell from the LoC.  

A HoT could be cute for the d6 extra mortal wounds from its pink fire if you really want something to die.

Trust me, if not for the extra 100 pounts needed, I would always run LoC over Prince. Especially with that command ability.

Also, counter to the anti-flamer sentiment above, the fact they gave flamers the splitting locus has already helped the unit's survivability.

Archived