Slaves to Darkness and Clan Skyre 2k list

LordDrakonus

So after I finish my Ironjaws I plan on starting an undivided chaos army, possibly for tournaments. Now I was pretty under whelmed by a pure StD list.....but they are pretty tanky so i thought maybe add some skyre rats in there for some mortal wound punch! Any ways CC needed and welcomed!

Slaves to Darkness now with more rats!

2k Slaves to Darkness

Heros
Chaos Lord 100
Chaos Lord 100
Exalted Hero 80
Arch-Warlock 140
Warlock Engineer 100

Total:520

Battle line Units
10 Chaos Warriors(shields,Icon/Musican) 180

Total:540

Other Units/Formations
5-Chaos Knights(Ensorcelled Weapon,Icon/Musican) 200
5-Chaos Knights(Ensorcelled Weapon,Icon/Musican) 200
Warp Lightning Cannon 180
Warp Lightning Cannon 180
3 Warpfire Thrower Team 180

Total:940

Army Total:2000

You are bang on the mark with comments about salves to darkness being tanky.

Would I be correct in thinking your strategy would be to hold people in place with the knights and warriors while you pour mortal wound shooting into your opponents? If this is the case then I wouldn't;t want to change the list too much.

I am somewhat curious on your reasons for double chaos lord & the warlock engineer. I would drop these and the other chaos lord in favour of the Daemonic Mount Lord (more survivable and a decent command ability). You could then add in more Mortal Wound units (FYI Stormfiends with warpfire projectors are amazing).

Aye that's the plan . The idea behind the warlock was more mortal wounds the chaos lords was 1 I have games day archon on foot and than I had 100 pts left over. But a unit of storm fiends does seem nice as that's even more mortalk wounds the 8" range worries me but with the warriors and knights jammed down the throats of my foes it should work.

Archived