Hello!

MTR

Hi,

Just saying G'day from Gold Coast, Australia. 

Have been looking at jumping into Age of Sigmar the last few weeks weeks after a 15 year hiatus from wargaming. Been occupying myself with video games and fantasy flight card games (Netrunner just dying has prompted me to look elsewhere for a new hobby). I found the painting and modelling to be a bit of an inconvenience years ago but interestingly it seems to be what is drawing me in the most at the moment. I have been watching a lot of battle reports on youtube and mini war gaming website and I really like the look of AoS 2. I guess I'm mainly looking at playing matched play. 

I played Warhammer through 5th and 6th edition. Mainly Dwarf player but spun off into High Elves and Lizardmen. Space Wolves in 40k. 

Just spending a bit of time contemplating my first purchases. Thinking of grabbing Soul Wars but I don't really know anyone too keen to play casually and I don't find either faction that interesting. It might be worth it forth sheer number of models to get some painting experience. Armies that interest me the most are Fyreslayers and Legions of Nagath. 

I plan to poke into my local GW a few times and maybe try to get hands on with a few demo games then hopefully find a local play group. 

I'm not sure how I found this site but after reading through the topics and overloading on a wealth of information and tips I just had to register, it seems like such a great community. 

Cya around,

MTR

Archived