First draft of Kharadron 2000 point list

richstrach

I'm thinking of getting into KO, but I want to avoid the standard clown car list and aim for something slightly different. I'm not that bothered about being super-competitive, and I haven't worked out all the traits and weapon load-outs (I don't have the book yet), but any advice about the following would be appreciated:

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Nar

Leaders
Brokk Grungsson (300)
Aether-Khemist (140)
Endrinmaster (140)

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)

Units
9 x Endrinriggers (360)
10 x Grundstok Thunderers (200)

War Machines
Arkanaut Frigate (280)
- Main Gun: Heavy Skyhook
- Great Endrinworks: Incredible Self-healing Hull
Grundstok Gunhauler (220)
- Main Gun: Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Incredible Self-healing Hull

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 101

My idea was to put the thunderers, the khemist and Brokk into the frigate, and footslog the rest, with the Endrinriggers (possibly in two units rather than one big one) to zip about for objectives. I know the gunhauler is supposed to be overcosted, but I'd rather have two smaller ships than one big one I think. And no doubt Brokk is hugely overcosted too! Anyway, this is very much a first draft.

It's a solid base for a list.  It shows some similiarities to my lists and would say that you could have some nice matches.

Some notes:

Brokk -  yeah, he costs a lot, but he is comparable to a Gunhauler (but def. more effective) and you should aspect, that your enemy will pop him like a balloon. This way you could replace the Gunhauler by a second Frigate to rush arkanauts to mission points.

Endrinrigger - two units are a good idea, but ensure to play at least 6 per unit. My experience shows three are to fragile and will be killed fast.

Endrinmaster - most effective on an Ironclad, here better to replace with a second Khemist.

and could have only one Great Endrinworks per army ;)

hope, this helps a bit.

Archived