Stormcast vs ironjawz

IMG_1838.JPG

Welcome readers to another bat rep this time I was playing my stormcast vs ironjawz  same opponent as my last game.

So armies

• Stormcast = lord celestant, knight vexillor, knight venator, 3 x 1 concussors, 2 x 5 retributors 5 judicators
  • Ironjawz = orc megaboss on maw crusha, orc megaboss , warchanter , 2 x 5 brutes , 15 ard boyz

The scenario was from the clash of empires battle plan that Warhammer world did a few months ago, the scenario was get a point for every enemy unit you killed (kill points) and have 5 models in your opponents territory you also got a point if your opponent had less then 5 in your territory.  

Deployment was as follows

IMG_1830.JPGIMG_1831.JPGIMG_1833.JPGIMG_1832.JPG

Turn 1 = The stormcast opened the game with moving forwards though cautiously I've seen what ironjawz can do with a double turn, shooting from the knight venator does 4 wounds to the maw crusha (I rolled a 1 on a D6 +3) :( his turn he moves forwards but nothing really happens and we both get a point for less than 5 enemy models being in our territories.

IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1837.JPG

Turn 2 = the stormcast win the roll off and I move up 2 of the concussors on the right flank to engage a unit of brutes and ard boyz while my left flank holds back ready for a counter strike next turn in the shooting phase none of my concussors hit, the judicators kill a ard boy thanks to some unlucky dice rolls. The charge phase sees the unit of retributors make a 12' charge into the unit of brutes on the right flank and a concussor joins them while the other goes into the ard boyz, when the dust is settled I kill all 5 brutes and maybe lose a retributor in return. The ard boyz do a wound to the concussor and lose 2 in return. His turn he gives the ard boyz +1 to hit from the warchanter and moves the megaboss up to charge the concussor who was fighting the brutes, shooting from the maw crusha kills the concussor fighting the ard boyz. He then charges the brutes on the left flank into the judicators with a 12' charge (both of us getting lucky charges this game), in combat his megaboss puts 3 wounds on the concussor who puts 3 wounds back onto him, the brutes predictably kill all the judicators and the ard boyz who were within 3' of the retributors on the right flank do a few wounds but not many as there wasn't that many engaged. nothing eventful happens in the battle shock phase. 

IMG_1841.JPGIMG_1844.JPGIMG_1848.JPGIMG_1850.JPG

Turn 3 = Disaster strikes as the ironjawz win the roll off ... his brutes on the left move behind my retributors to kill my hero's his maw crusha fly's over the building to try to go for the knight venator on the hill, his shooting does nothing so I guess I dodged a bullet with that one... or a tongue hehe. His charges see the brutes charge the lord celestant and knight vexillor while his maw crusha only rolls a 5' so cant make it into the venator but instead goes into the retributors and knight vexillor, sad face. Combat sees his megaboss kill the concussor and the brutes do 1 wound to the lord celestant and knight vexillor while killing a retributor, I think the retributors do a few wounds to the mawcrusha and kill a brute while the other unit of retributors kill 4 ard boyz damage 2 helps a lot against them. the maw crusha then kills the vexillor and puts another 3 wounds on the lord celestant. In my turn I put 3 wounds on the maw crusha with the concussors breath attack and the lord celestant does another wound or 2 with his magic hammers. My charge phase see the concussor charge the warchanter who spoilers fluffs his attacks and does nothing... the retributors do another few wounds to the brutes and maw crusha however the lord celestant survives while 2 retributors get killed from the maw crusha and brutes. The other retributors kill a few ard boyz whose number are dropping like flies but battle shock doesn't do anything.   

IMG_1854.JPGIMG_1855.JPG

Turn 4 and the end of the game, so my opponent lets me have a go first at this stage though we both have about 7 models left so the turn goes quick, my concussor kills the 2 ard boyz with his breath attack and the venator does a wound or 2 to the mawcrusha who I think at this stage is down to about 5 wounds, in combat the retributor prime in combat with the mawcrusha does 4 wounds but then dies in return, so close yet sooo far along with the lord celestant thought the concussor kills the warchanter so yay. In his turn he charges the 2 remaining brutes into the concussor  but fluff they're rolls the megaboss on foot charges the retributors on my right flank and gets pummeled into the ground before he can swing and his maw crusha failed his charge into the venator though he was on 1 wound soo close but then the game ends 8 - 9 to the ironjawz a loss for the stormcast; but a cracking game hoped you enjoyed.  

Archived