Starting Stormcast, competitive 2000 build up

Varred

Hey all, my first post here so it might be a bit long. But for anyone who is willing nd able to help me I will be thankful.

I played many tabletop games in the past and now my eyes turned to AoS. I keep hearing how it isn't the same game as it was on launch day (i was a big sceptic back then), so I thought I will try it.

I decided on Stormcast Eternals primarily due to Vabguard Chamber and Retributors, so u have and ide what will br my focus.

First of all could somebody lay out for me the strenghts and weaknesses of this army? Maybe what tier is it considered to be?

Aaaand to the army building.

I would really apreciate if someone would suggest me a list for 2000 points based on:

Lord Celestant - footslogging

Retributors - and specifically that kind of Paladins

Liberators - from what i saw Hammer and Shield is the most popular

Raptors - longstrike ones

Palladors and Lord Aquillor

SCE side of the Blightwar set.

Something i have to point out is I don't want Chaber Extremis in my army so no Stardrakes and Dracoths.

Should i get a couple Relictors on aftermarket?

I am completely green when it comes to playing the game and building lists so all help would be welcome.

And yes, 2000 points cause I always learn games on their so called 'target' point range.

Thanks for all help in advance!

Cheers

Varred

The gh2 is just out and nobody can give you a t1 sce list right now. The meta is changing and we have to wstch how things comung out. The vanguard chamber wasnt a t1 option in gh1, but i think that will change under gh2. Sce are a strong faction und you can do alot.

Start with the blight war set, get aquilor, relictor, 3 more palladors and a couple of longstrikes and you are good.

With no Extremis chamber(which is a HUGE handicap by the way) You can do pretty much 2 lists, Aetherstrike and Hammerstrike(for high end competitive matched play). Even Vanguard strike will be iffy without at least a Lord Celestant on Dracoth.

So I have the Easy to build Retributors, which were my first buy in the system barring whole lot of Dark Elves for 9th Age.

I will have the Stormcast half of Blightwar till the end of the month. Next things should be Lord Aquillor and some Battlelines i guess. Then Fulminators if u say they are tahat good. I still don't want to buy a dragon though. Too pricey single model for me.

What Battlelines are the best now? Liberators with hammers?

To summarize:

Blightwar half + Lord Aquilor, then some battlelines along with retributors and finally Dracothian Guard yes? Is it a good plan to expand into?

Thanks for all the answers!

Cheers

Varred

Archived