Maybe interested in starting bonespliterz

Lord_Mortkin

The general theme for Bonesplitterz is that they are so amped up on Waaagh energy that they get multiple activations a turn. So yeah, basically hyperactive Orcs. 

The Army has some strengths and weaknesses. It has some strong Battalions. The most notorious being the Kunning Rukk. This battalion focuses on getting a large brick of arrow boys to fire in the hero phase as well as in the shooting phase. 180 shots a turn can be pretty devastating. 

The army's next biggest strength is it's casting ability. The army has three different casters, and a great selection of spells in their battle tome. Layering various spells and buffs on your units is a key for getting the most out of your army. 

Other perks are that rend and mortal wounds don't matter, you always get a 6+ save. This combined with everything having multiple wounds, makes them semi resilient. Lastly the army can be deceptively fast thanks to various buffs and abilities.

We have a few weaknesses though. First off most of our synergies come from our characters, which can be sniped fairly easily. Secondly, aside from Arrowboys, the army lacks volume of attacks. This is sort of made up by potentially attacking multiple times, but not as much as you might think. We also lack heavy hitters. Big stabbas are our best option, and they are great. However it's 100 points for 4 attacks. Your going to land one on average and you will deal about 3 damage. Not overwhelming great on its own. Again it's the buffs/spells/formations that make them better. 

Lastly this one of the most hated armies around right now. This is solely because of the Kunning Rukk battalion. It seems to get more flack than skryre fire and Tzeentch Skyfire spam lists, which I would think would be just as bad. So be prepared for that, even if you don't use a Kunning Rukk. 

Overall I think they are a lot of fun and easy to paint. They are a synergy dependent army, and can be pretty potent when you get every thing working together.  It doesn't get much more characterful than an army  of insane naked Orcs that are jacked up on Mountain Dew and ready to Waaagh out with their (@$&s out! Lol.

I started Bonesplitterz back in January because i liked the fluff and the cover art. I'd never played table top gaming before and knew nothing of Kunnin Rukk or Arrowboys.

For months I tried to make a boarboy army work but kept on losing badly because I had no damage output. I was advised to gwt Arrowboys but they didn't match the theme of my army so i put it off.

Eventually I got 30 Arrowboys and the difference was immediate. Currently they are our only reliable damage output though I am quite fond of my Maniak Boarboys.

We gained more Battleline options in GH17 which should have made other builds more viable but in the absence of any meaningful change to the army Arrowboys and kunnin rukk are still the best core to take.

I just limit myself to 30 Arrowboys so my opponent doesn't die of bordem.

I'm glad some other players chimed in. I have only played 10 games of AoS, Bonesplitterz!

I like Arrow boys a lot. I have come to like Maniak Boar boys a lot as well.  I field Savage Boys with stikkas and have used Big Stabbas a few times. the big thing for me coming over from 40K was leaning to more properly deploy my army.  Setting up a front ready to take a charge, my spears, and layered in units to help with combats. I've played defensively with the arrow boys being the majority of my Damage out put. I really like the Maniaks for their aggressiveness.  I try to protect my Heroes and move up the board to objectives but I have to be careful not to get into things I can't quickly deal with. Arrow boys seem to do that. 
It's a really enjoyable army and a fun game over all. I wish I could play more so I could actually get better. I think I've one 2 of my 10 games but I have had a good showing so I know I'm learning. 

Archived