New to AOS and Dark Elves

Trigger

Hello all

Im new to AOS (just ordered the GHB17) and looking to start a dark elf army so any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated 

now things are a lot different from when I played WFB many moons ago and trying to work out what units I can actually take, battlescrolls, unit size etc is quite confusing....

all I know so far is I definitely want a dreadlord on a dragon as the models great which leans towards a exile warhost?

My LGC plays 2000pts so will be making a list for that

So using the app here's my list (please feel free to rip it apart ?

Dreadlord on dragon tyrant shield and lance - 320pts

dreadlord exile blade and tyrant shield - 100pts

20 bleakswords with full command - 200pts

10 darkriders with full command - 240pts

10 drake spawn knights full command - 320pts

20 executioners full command -360pts

Cheers

dai

23 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Hello all

Im new to AOS (just ordered the GHB17) and looking to start a dark elf army so any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated 

now things are a lot different from when I played WFB many moons ago and trying to work out what units I can actually take, battlescrolls, unit size etc is quite confusing....

all I know so far is I definitely want a dreadlord on a dragon as the models great which leans towards a exile warhost?

My LGC plays 2000pts so will be making a list for that

So using the app here's my list (please feel free to rip it apart ?

Dreadlord on dragon tyrant shield and lance - 320pts

dreadlord exile blade and tyrant shield - 100pts

10 darkriders with full command - 240pts

10 drake spawn knights full command - 320pts

20 executioners full command -360pts

Cheers

dai

Your relics and allegiance abilities are going to be massively important in choosing how to build your army. For example, you very nearly have a 'darkling covens' army here which gives you a whole host of special abilities related to how the dark elf army works, but in order to get those abilties you'd have to swap out both dreadlords for Equivalent Sorceresses OR drop the drakespawn knights and foot dreadlord for a dragon sorc.

If you decide not to do darkling covens then what I can tell you is that your unit sizes will be too small with the general order abilities. At 20 your bleakswords are going to lose their bonus from having a large group if even 1 guy dies. Additionally, the new GHB means that while 10 dreadspears is 100pts, 40 would be 360pts.

In Sigmar a 10-40-10 set up will do a lot better for you than a 20-20-20.

Archived