Feotid Blades and Gouge-tear their Eyes

kiblams

Question

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere (my google-fu may be well failing me)

I am curious on your thoughts/ruling on the use of the 'Gouge-tear their Eyes' command ability rules with which (and I quote) "you can add 1 to the attacks characteristic of all it's melee weapons" on the Plague Monks foetid blades. They hold 2 blades and so have 2 weapons, though in the rules the this just gives them one weapons attacks and a reroll. Do they get one or two extra attacks with the 2 foetid blades?

I usually play it as just adding one to the number of attacks, but I have been thinking...

I am of course happy with it either way, but would like to be playing the rule correctly where possible :) 

Thanks for reading, I look forward to us finding an answer

2 answers to this question

You add 1 attack to the weapons profile (ignore how many blades the model is holding visually). If the weapon has 2 attacks, you will have now 3. Having a pair of weapons usually grants a different rule, like re-roll 1's to hit, not an additional attack.

If the model has 2 different weapons, a spear and dagger for example, you add 1 attack to each weapon profile.

Archived