Neferata/Wight King abilities - need some help!

Kosmion

Question

I originally posted this on the Death forum, but i thought mabye it would be more suited here.

I just finished a game using Neferata as one of my heroes, and i encountered some strange situations: 

i managed to slay one of my opponents heroes using this:

"Dagger of Jet: The Dagger of Jet saps the vitality and ghting spirit of its victims, leaving them at Neferata’s mercy. If a model suffers any wounds from Akmet- har but is not slain, roll a dice at the end of the phase. If the roll is greater than that model’s remaining number of wounds, it cannot fight on or defend itself and is contemptuously slain by Neferata."

and as a result, this happened:

"Mortarch of Blood: Each time Neferata slays an enemy
Hero in the combat phase with either Akmet-har or Aken-seth,
she transforms that hero into one of her thralls; you can set up a Vampire Lord within 6" of Neferata. is model is added to your army, but cannot attack in that combat phase."

Q.1 The "Mortarch of Blood" ability was generated from Akmet-har, but the weapon itself did not slay the model, do i still get a vampire?

Q.2 We assumed that the mechanic was in place in order for Neferata to easily turn people into vampires, so i set up my new vampire within 6" but also in base2base contact with my opponents stegadon, which had 
previously NOT been in combat. The ability states that the vampire cannot attack in this phase, but what about the stegadon? My opponents hero was slain at the END of the combat phase due to the dagger of jet, thus the combat phase is over. Yet the vampire was set up within striking distance of the stegadon (no 3" rule mentioned), so it should be able to attack the vampire, even though the combat phase is eledegly over... right?

Another question that popped up was with my wight king with infernal standard: 

"Infernal Standard: Infernal Standards
are saturated with death magic, which
can sustain the undead. A Wight King with an Infernal Standard has the
Totem keyword. Roll a dice each time a Death
model from your army is slain within 9" of an Infernal Standard. On a 6, the magic of the Infernal Standard sustains that warrior and the wound that slew him is ignored. In your hero phase, a Wight King can plant his standard; if he does so, you cannot move him until your next hero phase, but until then the Infernal Standard’s in uence is extended to 18". "

Q.3 A situation came up where my opponent charged my nearby necromancer, thus getting the wight king within 3" who had planted the banner the turn before. The ability states that he may not MOVE until my next hero phase, but what about pile ins? Are they referring to the game stat "Move 4 inches" or physically moving the model in any way at all? We concluded that pile ins were allowed, but not move, run, charge or retreat. Is this correct?

Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions, I've started playing death pretty recently so theres just a lot to take in hehe

thanks! 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived