Returning Gamer/New player from England.

Lincoln Hawk

Hi All,

Just returned back to the hobby after a two year hiatus and BOY have things changed lol and it seems this is the place to be for solid info. I always enjoyed 8th ed fantasy but after catching back up with a friend am gonna give AoS a whirl, and from someone who likes to be apart of competitive games, seems some things have definitely changed for the better. 

I was mainly a warriors of chaos player back in 8th, but have High/Wood elves sitting around and cannot decide what to play at all, will probably use my warriors in some form and try a fresh project to ( Hopefully something you can help me with :) )

Really looking forward  to being back in the hobby and getting my teeth stuck into a new system, just a shame I start when 40k launched lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am similar to you, just got back in the game and I am loving it. Where abouts in England are you?

Also, make sure you post up pics, I love the High Elf models. They were going to be my first army until the Vampire Counts turned my head. I now play Ironjaws so quite a departure.

On 6/23/2017 at 8:47 AM, Titcher said:

Hi, I am similar to you, just got back in the game and I am loving it. Where abouts in England are you?

Also, make sure you post up pics, I love the High Elf models. They were going to be my first army until the Vampire Counts turned my head. I now play Ironjaws so quite a departure.

Only just saw this post :D

Im from Lincolnshire, very close to Boston, but the fantasy scene around here is pretty non existent, even more so with the 40k launch, only getting my second game in this week at the local club with literally the only player who seems willing to give AoS a go lol. 

First game with the High Elves this week, going to be running the Swifthawk battalion, no painting done yet, but plan to start, but im a complete novice at it, as I literally just banged armies together and played in 8th edition, so not sure how picture worthy they would be. 

Thanks for taking an interest though and glad to see you back in the hobby. 

Archived