W: Stormcast Judicators Skybolt/Shockbolt Bow Bits

Why are you swapping weapons? Did they work out that poorly on the table?

I'm curious because I'm building my first 10 with crossbows and shock bolt on primes.

I was also thinking that a unit of 10 with 2 thunderbolt crossbows dropping down would work well for some quick mortal wound output.

Where ya based out of?

Might you have any extra Dracoth Guard heads?

I've run them in a few games with crossbows and they've underperformed.  It's not that they're terrible, there's just no reason to run them rather than normal Skybolt Bow Judicators.  You'll really miss that extra range you're used to.

I could see them being useful against maybe massed Ghouls, Skinks or Clan Rats...maybe.  But not much else.   I will say, the Thunderbolt Crossbow is definitely useful.

Im in North Carolina and as luck would have it, I do have some spare Dracothian Guard bits.

I'm determined to go for crossbows and see if I can make them work.

They just look too cool to not try, heh.

Off the top of my head I think they share the same right arm I believe so I could only offer what I haven't used from ten. You just need 8 bows and 2 shock bolts I'm assuming?

How many heads do ya have?

I'd prefer the one Celastant head  if ya got them. I'm using them for my unit primes. I think the plume looks much better than topknot.

I'm in Kansas City. Interested in working something out?

20170324_174028.jpg

Archived