Looking for a start collecting to battle my Sylvaneth army

Deja vu

I just recently started playing and I'm looking to buy a second army so that my son can battle me/ each other.

Currently I have SC Sylvaneth, 1 box of wyldwoods and a branchwraith.

im looking to keep is under $100 American. It doeset have to be balanced cause we can balance with points.

Any advise? 

im looking to keep is under $100 American

Here's the easy part. GW will ship standard delivery in the US of A for free on orders greater than $65, which you'll be happy to know that every Start Collecting Box is $85 American (Minus Taxes, depending on where you live). There are also a number of reputable online retailers (eBay, Online Stores, etc) that will sell for a cheaper $71-72 (Standard for online stores) and still offer free shipping. (I won't link, just search "Start Collecting" on eBay). That said, if you support your local store, they can stay in business, and you get it there and then.

As for which Box, go with the one your son likes.

The Start Collecting sets are relatively balanced with one another (Range from 400-800 points, I think I had a blog post that covered most of the points costs). The sets include everything that buying each component individually will have, ex: The Skaven Pestilens Box includes the parts to build a Warp Lightning Cannon instead of the Plague Catapult, a Screaming Bell instead of the Furnace, and the pieces for an individual Plague Priest/Grey Seer model too (plus about 10 rats that if you bought the bases could be used for Giant Rats).

I'd go with Ironjawz, skeleton horde, or the flesh eater courts.  The Tree lord - especially ran as the spirit of Durthu with a  wizard backing it up can be a beast in this scale.  So you need a start collecting that can really take him on and have some chance at it.  

Archived