Returning to the Hobby - 2k Legion of Blood List

Boombatty80

Hey all. 

Been away from the hobby for a long time & I'm back in the deep end heading to GT heat 3 in a few weeks. Asking a bit of advice on my lists. Currently got this  in mind. However I'm flexible & could make some reasonable changes to it swiftly if needs be. Any and all suggestions are very welcome. 

Allegiance: Legion of Blood

Leaders
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
- Lore of the Dead: Soulpike (Vampires)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ring of Dominion 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
- Ancient Blades

Units
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120

How's about this?
Allegiance: Legion of Blood

Leaders
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
- Lore of the Dead: Soulpike (Vampires)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ring of Dominion 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread

Battleline
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)

From the original list:

You could drop the Necro for a Vamp lord (give Nef the Necro spell and the vamp lord whatever you want), up one unit of wolves to 10 and the skellies to 40 and drop the hexwraiths. That would be my suggestion. 

But assuming money isn't a factor I'd add drop Nef and put another VLoZD in her place. That has given me much better results in testing and puts you exactly at 2k. Oh and if you went this route I'd take Amethystine Pinions on one of the VLoZD, Amarathine Orb on the other and Vile Transference on the Vamp lord on foot.

As you wish, but I'd say that on this kind of lists the Skellies aren't really supposed to function as damage dealers, that's why I suggested dropping the necro. If you are going to add the extra 5 wolves may I suggest just using two units of 10 for better survivability? Both options have their merits but it's what I'd take.

In any case use what you have fun with, and good luck! 

EDIT: I would still try to take Amesthystine Pinions no matter what though, in a fast list it's amazing on your big monsters.

Legion of blood is naturally built to be a faster, more aggressive legion. You already have a -1 to hit command ability from NEF, so overwhelming dread on a necro is overlapping (unless u want a -2 to hit?) 

id ditch the wraiths and necro. Make that skellies unit a block of 40 then maybe add a VL flying horror in with vilentransference to heal neferata or blood knights?

As you're going to the GT I will assume you're pretty competitive, so in that case I would recommend:

Swapping Nef for a second VLoZD

Swap the Necro for a VL

If you're keeping both the units of Blood Knights (there is an arguement to be made for only having one but two could still work), then you need to keep the 40 skeletons.

Finish off with 3 x 5 Wolves

2000 on the dot

Archived