Mixed destruction army

flambyx

Hey guys,

I've been painting for a bit and a friend has us motivated to actually play. I started with Ironjaws and he plays stormcasts. We have played 2 games so far, one win one loss, each time for dumb placement mistakes on the loser's part (and ridiculous rolls on both parts).

At the beginning I intended to play a pure ironjawz themed list but it's kind of putting me off to paint the same things over and over (plus let's be honest, there is not much diversity in what they can do). So I'm looking to expend with other stuff.

I do not think very much in terms of synergy and game aspect, I'm more about what I want to paint and the models that I like.

The list kinda goes like this for now (because that's all I've painted) :

1x Warchanter

1x megaboss (unfinished :( )

3x gore gruntas

10x ardboys

To which I would add :

1x weirdnob shaman

1x megaboss (in the process of being converted)

10x ardboys (currently populating with bits i find interesting)

20x bonesplitters arrowboys (split into two units probably just to meet the battle lines requirements)

and probably spiderfangs, another battle line unit, maybe a grot shaman, nasty skulkers or whatever

As you can see, this is far from done and the goal is to achieve 2000 points. Here are some pics :

First the "army" as it stands (only finished models)

3bcrrAZ.jpg

With a zoom on the warchanter which I'm really proud of :

KMOEzeI.jpgbKbsUzg.jpg

Now for models still on the table, the next big one should be the megaboss

9VqTQqG.jpg

I was surprised at how easily and cleanly you can get the dragon skull of the shoulder. The bloodletter horn was not intended. It broke off when I was moving places.

The second megaboss was a gift and I wanted something a bit different. He is the only reason I have bonesplitters arrowboys instead of regular orcs with bows in the wish list :

QTziVct.jpgA1Znj8r.jpg

He is still very very much wip. His right leg goes barefoot but the hip needs a lot of work, the left kneecap should be a bird skull, the jaw thingy lacks ropes, there should be a severed head on the spear shaft and the back muscle need work. I'll probably add a grot or something on the skull to add even more height to the model to add to the contrast with the first potato shaped one.

He is bonesplitters themed and not a full fledged one because that would be way too much work.

PS : Updates should be erratic because I can't stay focused on only one hobby project ...

9 hours ago, Earthtremor said:

That green skin with the pinkish flesh highlights is amazing! I'd be really interested to hear how you got that effect.

Thanks, I paint the greenskin first and do all the highlights I would normally do. To highlight the green skin I go up to "flesh tone" from valejo air (or elf flesh from Games, it's really close).

Then it's just small layers of very diluted red (mechrite red from games if my memory serves me right) and then some more lights with the flesh color.

Thanks @solaris :)

Thanks for the compliment.

Good observation, I didn't see that arrowboys had a distinct entry in the GHB... Do you think I could play them as regular orruks with bows ? I don't see a specific entry for them.

Archived