Mannfred 2k list

Dracothjay

I have written this list as I think mannfred is a badass and I want to use him in a 2k list.:

mannfred - general

vampire lord on steed - blood river chalice - artefact not chosen yet

necromancer on steed

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

2 morghast archai

5 blood knights

3 vargheist

3 vargheist

5 hexwraiths

mortis engine

so my plan for this list is being fast. Rush objectives and rush the enemy.

dire wolves will hold objectives, possibly summon them in via necromancer, failing that summoned by VL's.

everything else will stick relatively close togeather adding support to each other.

mortis engines is to provide +1 to casting so it's gonna stick close to mannfred and my necromancer, and not to mention its once per game healing and damage pulse.

i might leave the archai off the table and summon them in when it's time to group charge units, a good way of keeping them safe until I unleash them.

necromancer doesn't really have a major role here, but I've simply included him due to summoning flexibility.

what are your views people?

2 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Thoughts on the list?

- I don't see the value of the necromancer, the only thing he brings is he's the cheapest wizard, I'd be looking to try and fiddle the points to swap him out for a different wizard that brings more utility.

- Summoning morghasts in a Mannfred list works well, I think if you can make room for 2 more that would really benefit you in terms of giving you the flexibility to hit hard around the table, if you're always going to summon them I'd be tempted to go for harbringers instead.

- Hexwraiths: As a personal preference I'm not a fan of small '1 of' non-elite units in bigger lists. They don't have a clear goal / purpose here, they're just extra bodies thrown onto the table, and depending on the opponents list they might be able to go do something.

With this in mind, if I was going to try and keep your list as similar as possible whilst also changing some things around I would do it like this:

Mannfred - Kind of need Mannfred for a Mannfred list.

Arkhan - replaces the VL & Necromancer, he's faster than both which fits into your list, he benefits from the Mortis engine, he benefits from the Morghast, you still have the same amount of spells to cast each turn & he has more utility.

3 x 5 Dire Wolves - Batteline.

Mortis Engine - Don't want to change your list too much.

2 x 2 Morghast - MOREghast, maybe 2 of each or 4 harbringers, personal preference really.

Total: 1540

This is where it gets tricky, you can't fit 9 vargheists in unfortunately, (20 points over), you can either keep the 6 vargheists and fill the points with something else, or go for 5 BKs and 3 vargheists, I've tried a couple of combinations of Blood Knights, vargheists, necro knights and morghasts and you can fit a lot of different things in but not 3 units.

This is where If it was my list I would drop the mortis engine, it's actually really short range which means you have to stay bubbled up, and a fast moving death army doesn't want to stay bubbled up (unless you're running Nef) - realistically on the table, considering terrain, keeping 2 mortarchs, a mortis engine and 4 morghasts in a 12 inch bubble AND making sure they're in a good position tactically, is actually quite hard. I know if it was me I would drop it so that it would give me room to keep the 6 vargheist and 5 bloodknights. That's 1980.

Archived