Vargheist Special Rule

DamonRafael

Question

So while I'm waiting my box of flesh eaters, I was looking at the WS and I found this rule:

Blood-maddened Feeding Frenzy: Roll a dice each time a model from this unit slays an enemy model; on a 6, it can immediately make one extra attack.

Now, a single model makes 3 attacks and deal 2 damages. I think I understood correctly this rule, but I want to be sure that everyone is on the same boat :)

So if a unit of Vargheist slain, let's say, 6 models, am I allowed to make up to 6 bonus attacks? Of course, admitting 6s on dice rolls.

5 answers to this question

Yes. Models are removed during the Inflicting Damage sub-phase so you'd get to roll a die for each one removed by this unit. On a 6 you get one additional attack.

Some Slaanesh models get bonus attacks on a 6+ during combat (which can loop). It comes it very handy.

So if a unit of Vargheist slain, let's say, 6 models, am I allowed to make up to 6 bonus attacks? Of course, admitting 6s on dice rolls.

This is a staggeringly weak special rule by the way - compared to say a proc on a 6 to hit or even a 6 to wound.

16 minutes ago, Nico said:

This is a staggeringly weak special rule by the way - compared to say a proc on a 6 to hit or even a 6 to wound.

Well they are kinda strong in general, 3 attacks per model +1 for the leader, 3+/3+ with a -1 rend and 2 damages. 

Special rule is not so strong, indeed, but against 1-wound units it is still interesting :) 

@Shane Thank you, that's exactly what I thought! 

Archived