AoS projects (Death army)

BangDoll

• 2 months later...

Hi there,
last speed painting addition with some Bat Swarms. I needed to add a Dire Wolves to complete my unit so i paint them together using the same colors. I choose the LOTR model because i prefer it than the tiny one from the normal range. Next the Sepulcral Guard.

39490171742_6973a7120d_c.jpg

• Like 6

Woah, gorgeous army!!! Your ethereal scheme is the first one I've really liked ever, I've always seen it as a lazy way of painting Nighthaunt, but yours actually looks amazing!!! And the black with green eyes might be even better (might be because it's how I paint my Chaos Marines in 40k, hehe :P), those dire wolves are very cool and, while I'm not such a fan of the bats, it's probably because of how much I dislike the models. Great looking army overall, I'm very impressed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there ! 

As a Death player and a fan of the Nighthaunt i can't be more happy with the new starter box and all the new stuff. 
I decided first to paint the Knight of Shroud, a really beautiful miniature. 
I just change the base to have a larger one because i found it weird on the little one, i prefer to have the head in the center of the base. 

43160395562_9af271a361_c.jpg
29338498298_aa7a0c630b_c.jpg
29338495878_f0bfe1c61a_c.jpg

Next one the Purple Sun of Shyish. What a stunning idea to make magic alive ! I think this is one my new favorite thing in this new edition that's 
so much fun. I painted it like the light come from inside, like a "real" sun. 
41386630120_7dd5c8f630_c.jpg
43147299002_b1c809236c_c.jpg
42478624374_399c63aa50_c.jpg

And the army i will play soon. 
41386612260_97ecbe5b52_c.jpg

So next more Nighthaunt :)

Edited by BangDoll
  • Like 23
  • LOVE IT! 1

This is exactly the purple sun as I imagined it. Will do more or less that when I will buy it. Well, with more magenta, because magenta is the new black!

Thanks for the painting guide on the mourngoul (or whatever it’s name), wanted to go fluorescent on my spirit hosts, but didn’t really know how to approach that Mortis engine. Will try your method :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Saikological said:

Im new here and saw your topic. Love your work and im getting inspiration from your paintjob. 

Can you tell me how you made the eyes glow?

I'm assuming you mean from the endless spell? From what I can tell its sort of a trick of the eyes. Normally when you paint gradients you start with the dark colors then paint your way up to the lighter colors. It looks like they did the opposite here starting with the lightest color and worked its way to the darker color, creating an almost inverted look that makes the eyes glow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys :). 

Will soon comeback with Nighthaunts and Endless Spells. 

To have a glowing effect is very simple. I first paint in white the area then when it's dry i made some glaze with fluo paint (fluo green or fluo magenta here from Vallejo). Then i just repaint a little white dot in the middle. 

56 minutes ago, BangDoll said:

Thanks for the comments guys :). 

Will soon comeback with Nighthaunts and Endless Spells. 

To have a glowing effect is very simple. I first paint in white the area then when it's dry i made some glaze with fluo paint (fluo green or fluo magenta here from Vallejo). Then i just repaint a little white dot in the middle. 

awesome, thanks for the info. gotta get me some fluo paint 😉

• Like 1

Wouaw! I think his sword is fantastic. The addition of fluorescent green is very cool.

I am less sure about the malevolent maelstorm, even if it is exactly the colours I used for my death army (I stole your fluorescent green tutorial for my own ghosts and my death magic is fluorescent purple and magenta).

On the contrary, I just love your gravetide. I assure you that I would not mind if you wanted to share your modus operandi for it :)

PS: By looking at your link, I discovered that you also painted Hephaistos Meetic Battles expansion. They look great. So far I painted 2/3 of the core box thanks to your painting guide 👍

• Like 1

Thanks, to be honest i'm not sure about the Malevolent Maelstorm too and since i started it but i decided to finish it that way. 

For the Gravetide it was very simple, i paint the ghost part like the tutorial and the other part like all my base. I just put the white with airbrush to have a smoother effect and then finish with brush. 

P.S: You're welcome :).