I originally posted this in the Chaos sub forum, but this should really be posted for everyone who may want it. I created a template that I've used for making Disciples of Tzeentch stat cards. Though you can make slight modifications and make these for any faction in AoS. I plan on getting my set printed up on large form playing cards through a company. If you have any questions please let me know. And if you make anything for an army, please share it and help the community out. Here is an example from my completed set.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ehT5GfQE28d0VoNF9oZTMzOUU

Curseling.png.26ba9f728f602a56a2ae1d9bfb28214b.png5934cb7050aae_GauntSummoner.png.35693f51c95d1fcaef450e1156ea4e29.png5934cb7265747_KariosFateweaver.png.81cf317dbab4fbb572bf78e5084139db.png5934cb6c2d02b_BLueHorrors.png.6a652e3dbf201feb471fb6cf82f3b081.pngBACK.png.f9f8c327bfebab8deb8fa3afc539bbfb.png

This has been updated to reflect the finished product after being printed at makeplayingcards.com

19025047_10154620369302197_990180333104571911_o.jpg.8d0063183e8f271d1de4f412d259a776.jpg

So... those look larger than a standard playing card deck.

If you don't mind sharing, what were the options/sizes you used for your cards?

And any possibility to share the template you used for the Lore of Fate/Lore of Change card? (Even if you replace the text) (Or did I just miss it?)

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So... those look larger than a standard playing card deck.

If you don't mind sharing, what were the options/sizes you used for your cards?

And any possibility to share the template you used for the Lore of Fate/Lore of Change card? (Even if you replace the text) (Or did I just miss it?)

I don't mind sharing at all, my hope is that it can help out someone else! You know I forgot to add in the design for the spell card, I'll get that uploaded when I get home. And yes they are definitely larger, I made them this way mainly due to the amount text that was under the abilities section. Much easier to read!

Here were the details to my order.

(330gsm (Superior Smooth))(MPC Card Finish) Big Creator - Blank Game Card (Landscape) Playing Cards
3.5''×5.75'' (89mm×146mm) (32 Cards)

Here is a clearer upclose look at them.

upclose.jpg.48bf2ef1f65accc90b6b39abd51a0779.jpg

43 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I'll totally be using your template ... if it's not somehow violating GW's rights.  Any thoughts/feedback on that? 

Dunno, I did straight post this to their AoS facebook and told me that they loved the way they look. That doesnt mean they ok'd it but... Then again, the rules are free, and to me its not that much different than using army build that prints out all the unit rules (let alone writing them down yourself on paper). I wont be selling these for profit, so I should be good :).

Cool! Common misconception that not making money off a thing makes it not a violation, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.

I figured you would be on the clear on stats and so on.  The art is probably my bigger concern.

Anyhoo, yay! Thanks for sharing.  We have such a cool community here. 

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Cool! Common misconception that not making money off a thing makes it not a violation, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.

I figured you would be on the clear on stats and so on.  The art is probably my bigger concern.

Yeah I thought about the art, and that is something that I could get dinged on. But I could just replace the art if they made a fuss :). True about the misconception. I had talked about this to a friend and he brought up how the rules are used in Army Builder (granted, made by the community). And I know boardgame rules can't be copyrighted, but don't know if that is applicable here. I assume its why they went to great lengths to change their army names to be unique (copyrightable). Anyways sorry for the ramble.

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Well, I guess they could sue for damage if they wanted to, but considering that the rules ARE available for free, I struggle to see just how much damage they could request compensation for... Still, I'm no lawyer, so my opinion is worth as much as anyone else's.

2 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Well, I guess they could sue for damage if they wanted to, but considering that the rules ARE available for free, I struggle to see just how much damage they could request compensation for... Still, I'm no lawyer, so my opinion is worth as much as anyone else's.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I've been lucky to have good friends who are lawyers in this area.

It's not about if it's free. It's about ownership of one's own creation and having the right to control its use and/or distribution.  

Regardless,  I'm downloading GIMP tonight. :)

6 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Ditto. I work with alot in the way of open source software for companies, so I just have a natural mind set that helping the community helps the product. :). I just hope it is useful to at least one person, and that we see cool cards made for other armies :D.

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I'm not a lawyer either, but I've been lucky to have good friends who are lawyers in this area.

It's not about if it's free. It's about ownership of one's own creation and having the right to control its use and/or distribution.  

Regardless,  I'm downloading GIMP tonight. :)

As I meant to say, I know it's not necessarily about availability; however, only compensation they can request, as far as I understand, is damage to their business (what else can they litigate for?). Considering that their rules are freely available, I fail to see how distributing it in an alternate format can be seen as damaging to GW's business.

11 hours ago, TyrantOnTheHill said:

These are awesome and I'm trying to make some for my dwarfs now, but what font do you use? when i go to change words it reverts to a basic font that doesn't look good.

Gimp can be tricky. over on the tool bar options you can set what each text box is by default, so that if you clear a line it will stay what you want it to be. Same goes with the text color.

That said here are the fonts I used

Fonts used: 
Patua One 
Pirata One 
Abril Fatface 
Galatia SIL Bold 

On 6/13/2017 at 10:21 AM, Magusnebula said:

I don't mind sharing at all, my hope is that it can help out someone else! You know I forgot to add in the design for the spell card, I'll get that uploaded when I get home. And yes they are definitely larger, I made them this way mainly due to the amount text that was under the abilities section. Much easier to read!

Here were the details to my order.

Here is a clearer upclose look at them.

upclose.jpg.48bf2ef1f65accc90b6b39abd51a0779.jpg

How much did that deck end up costing you?

Archived